Rob da Bank??

pie_and_a_pint

18 minutes ago, reflekting said:

They were a headliner, but I see your point.

Maybe I've missed something but I'm not sure that they would have shifted masses of tickets to the Bestival crowd.  Have they headlined any other large festivals before?

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Silver Hayes already has a boat in it.  What's he going to do? Put another one in it?

Build a better boat?

HMS Wow isn't really on the same scale as HMS Bestival was!

Just now, stu_kent said:

Maybe I've missed something but I'm not sure that they would have shifted masses of tickets to the Bestival crowd.  Have they headlined any other large festivals before?

This was in Bestivals last year when the festival was in a massive decline with less than stellar headliners. Surprised they were still paying them (or at least offering to) that much though.

15 hours ago, Bisque said:

That year genuinely felt like a mini Glasto.

That's always been my feeling when I went from 2012-2015.  The atmosphere and effort that went into creating Bestival was the closest to Glasto I've experienced.  

It was always a great blow out for my crew as Bestival was always the one we went mostly as punters, so we could fully relax and enjoy the festival.  

I'm going to miss it but if Rob can bring the Bestival atmosphere to the new area in The Park or revamp Silver Hayes, I'll be more than happy.

Loved Bestival when it was at its strongest, I'm sure any area they're involved in will have a lot less corporate branding than Bestival had to have as well ?

RDB is one of the good ones, and he's always there doing Purple Rave or such anyway, I'm sure he's got a lot to contribute to Glastonbury. 

I'd love to see some form of collaboration. I know Bestival was knocked for its decline in quality over the year but I have to say last year was the best one I ever went to. The weather certainly helped but it was the incredible atmosphere which really lifted it above many others. The line up, despite the initial reception, worked really well.

Can't see him being given Silver Hayes, just wishful thinking on that front. Too big an area for one person plus places like the Gully, Pussy Parlure and The Blues are lovely little venues. Yeah, Sonic and Wow could do with a refresh but I can't see Emily giving a huge area to him

I'd guess this new Park area is most likely. One thing that did cross my mind was the forgotten about Variety Bazaar. Maybe these are the start of some discussions about him getting involved with that if it's still something Emily is considering?

18 hours ago, Keithy said:

All the more reason for some like Rob da Bank to take it on?

Would they hand the reins to someone with the recent financial issues? 

I did Bestival in 2010 and had a great time, if RdB did get to oversee Silver Hayes or similar I imagine it would make for an interesting, positive update to GF. 

That said, he's involved in a few projects including the Sunday Best label his A-Z of Festivals book... So could be something a little less festival weekend related, and more a Glastonbury film or book....?

16 minutes ago, Titters said:

Would they hand the reins to someone with the recent financial issues? 

I did Bestival in 2010 and had a great time, if RdB did get to oversee Silver Hayes or similar I imagine it would make for an interesting, positive update to GF. 

That said, he's involved in a few projects including the Sunday Best label his A-Z of Festivals book... So could be something a little less festival weekend related, and more a Glastonbury film or book....?

Emily did say that they will be doing a book for the 50th anniversary 

2 minutes ago, DJL said:

I really hope this is in an area. Agree with the Bestival vibe - closer to certain aspects of the feel of Glastonbury than anywhere else.

I read into it ... in the shadow of the pyramid.... strikes me as more likely to be silver hayes than the park .... or a book .... straws clutching :) 

• 4 weeks later...