Insurance when you buy your tickets ?

Pauladuncan70

Yes there is, I was reading about it yesterday.  I think it is about £5.75 a ticket if I remember correctly.

You can cancel your ticket up to 3rd May (or sometime around then) without insurance and you will get a full refund apart from £20.  If you cancel after this date you will only get a refund through the insurance.  You also need to satisfy the criteria in their T&Cs, e.g. you will need to provide proof of why you can't go, such as serious illness, bereavement etc.  Just changing your mind is not covered.

Full details are here:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#CANC

Edited by Abbathehorse

Read the terms and conditions of the insurance before you opt for it. Available on the link above. It will cover the cost of the ticket in the event of an unforeseen situation but it doesn't cover any other costs such as travel or accommodation you might have paid for.

The instances in which you can claim are very narrow also - and can't cover any pre-existing condition too. It's a massive money-making scam.

A few years ago ticket companies were pre-ticking the insurance box, so when you were rushing to buy in-demand tickets (or simply missed the option) you would find extra charges. It had to be legislated that companies could not make such tick boxes pre-ticked. Otherwise they'd still be doing it.

Worth taking if you can afford it imo.

Have always ticked the box after almost not making it one year because I was flattened by a health thing (and a few years later very nearly had to claim on it for the same reason).

It's a fiver to cover a possible £200+ loss.

People are right about having to jump through hoops to prove that you are eligible for the refund though.