Acid Mothers Temple

blackdog

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Saw these on the last tour, well worth a watch, would be ace at The Glade late at night! Anyone else had the pleasure, any thoughts?

Superbly bonkers outfit - saw them at Bluedot last year - so loud there were kids running out the tent crying as I approached. Part of the wider Gong/System 7 family, I believe, so how about a Gong night at the Glade? I would wet myself with excitement. There's a review, if you're interested, of them on egigs 

https://www.egigs.co.uk/reviews/?a=15569

3 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Superbly bonkers outfit - saw them at Bluedot last year - so loud there were kids running out the tent crying as I approached. Part of the wider Gong/System 7 family, I believe, so how about a Gong night at the Glade? I would wet myself with excitement. There's a review, if you're interested, of them on egigs 

https://www.egigs.co.uk/reviews/?a=15569

Cheers i will give this a read

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

It  was the Acid Mothers Temple &  Melting Paraiso UFO version that I saw, the collective has made more albums than any other that im aware of, over 80 studio

Yep - that's the folk - although Acid Mother Temple is strictly a broader church, they seem to now call Melting Para whatnot by that name

1 hour ago, BlackZeppelin said:

They look great. Maybe a late set up at the Crows Nest? Worth the climb.

Never made it to the Crows Nest, would you recommend it, I’ll put it on my to do list

7 hours ago, blackdog said:

Never made it to the Crows Nest, would you recommend it, I’ll put it on my to do list

Definitely. Great view up there. Saw King Gizz up there, at 1am slot. Would think an early morning Japanese psychedelic session from the top of the greatest festival on Earth would be a highlight...get there early though,  it was absolutely rammed.

Edited by BlackZeppelin

41 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Definitely. Great view up there. Saw King Gizz up there, at 1am slot. Would think an early morning Japanese psychedelic session from the top of the greatest festival on Earth would be a highlight...get there early though,  it was absolutely rammed.

King Gizzard must have been ace, no wonder it was rammed! I think Kate Tempest did a set there one year, I must go 

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Are AMT touring over here this summer?

Haven't noticed their name on any festival lineups yet, but can live in hope! That genre of music doesn't seem to be very well represented at Glastonbury, maybe its time for an Americana/country Saturday pm slot lol