Frank turner

cidy

5 minutes ago, andyhh said:

Pablo Honey :D

It will be rammed on Friday. Do we know if he's playing a larger set at the weekend?

We know he's said he's doing more than one but the other show could be anything from Strummerville to The Pyramid. 

Need to explore his catalogue as I was just obsessed with Positive Songs. Will happily stand through a headline set just to hear a couple of those tracks, but would be good to know a bit more!! 

Don't see anything challenging this on Fri night tbh.

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Need to explore his catalogue as I was just obsessed with Positive Songs. Will happily stand through a headline set just to hear a couple of those tracks, but would be good to know a bit more!! 

Don't see anything challenging this on Fri night tbh.

Get onto Love, Ire & Song, a faultless album.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I don't really care for any of his albums other than:

Love, Ire & Song;

Sleep is for the week;

Poetry of the Deed; and, 

EKMB. 

That’s four out of his seven studio albums you like then. Not a bad score.....

Big fan here. I’d rate his albums as follows:

1. England keep my bones; 2.Love ire and song; 3. Tape deck heart; 4. Be more kind; 5. Poetry of the deed; 6. Sleep is for the week; 7. Positive songs for negative people.

24 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

1. England keep my bones; 2.Love ire and song; 3. Tape deck heart; 4. Be more kind; 5. Poetry of the deed; 6. Sleep is for the week; 7. Positive songs for negative people.

You’ve missed out the Mongol Horde album, definitely top for me.

Ooh we're ranking the Frank albums? Count me in.  Another big fan here.

1. Love, Ire & Song
2. England Keep My Bones
3. Sleep Is For The Week
4. Tape Deck Heart
5. Be More Kind
6. Positive Songs For Negative People
7. Poetry of the Deed

Also, it's going to be absolutely rammed for him especially if he's on later than the main headliners.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Buddy Holly said:

How likely do we think a Mongol Horde set is? If we're expecting multiple Frank sets across the weekend would be great if that was one of them, like at 2000 trees.

As awesome as it would be, I don’t think Mongol Horde are very Glastonbury-ish.

Though they are starting to address that by having the Earache stage.

Think he'll get a bigger crowd than at strummer of love festival ,to be fair he was on very early and the weather was crap ,plus he was playing beautiful days that evening 

Still enjoyed the set though , the festival was like a large Avalon party with the acts that played 

48 minutes ago, cidy said:

Think he'll get a bigger crowd than at strummer of love festival ,to be fair he was on very early and the weather was crap ,plus he was playing beautiful days that evening 

One of my favourite festivals ever Cidy. Pity there was hardly anyone there, but loved it all from Frank opening the main stage to the closing Clash songs with the Justice Tonight Band.

Edited by tjamest

2 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Just realised that i have not actually listened to any of his more recent offerings so i will have to go:

Love Ire and Song

Sleep is for the week

Poetry of the deed

England keep my bones

This for me also. Four very fine albums indeed. Delighted that Frank is down as the Friday night headliner.

1 hour ago, tjamest said:

Just realised that i have not actually listened to any of his more recent offerings so i will have to go:

Love Ire and Song

Sleep is for the week

Poetry of the deed

England keep my bones

I think he peaked with Love, Ire and Song. Be More Kind is best of his recent albums though. Bit different to his other work, but good in its own right. 

15 hours ago, Watergirl said:

No not bad at all. What I was getting at is that I love the guy; I've seen him in countless cities and festivals.

However his more recent albums just don't do it for me and slowly take up more and more of each set. Listening to "Make America Great Again" in Manchester about a year ago was just painful, and it didn't seem like just me in the crowd that thought so. Thus I realised I had to take a break.

But give me a pre-2012 Frank set and I'd pay a lot of money!