Acts That Will Never Play Glastonbury

chatty

1 minute ago, Elvis Impersonator said:

REM have done it. :) 

Tool are a shoe in for the other stage one year. It simply must happen.

I know, I've just had a knack for predicting R.E.M., N.W.A., Tool and NMH for Reading and Leeds in the past. ;)

Edited by VCK

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

I know, I've just had a knack for predicting R.E.M., N.W.A., Tool and NMH for Reading and Leeds in the past.

Oh right!

I hope Neutral Milk Hotel come back at some point in future. They were everything you'd want and more the last time they did some shows but Jeff Mangum doesn't seem keen on doing more.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yeah, queen are the ultimate Gammon Band. Lonsdale will love them... not so sure on the Wellends. I know a of a few who have an irrational hatetred for Queen.

Nah. Not "ultimate"

Queen exist in a weird gammon / anti-gammon space.  Beloved of crimson faced grandpas who hang on Jeremy Clarkson's every word, yet simultaneously doing things like Lily of the Valley and Nevermore and opera.  

They're a bit like ABBA and Ziggy-period Bowie - despite the fact that confused boomers and racist mums on Facebook hold them dear, they're still really good.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah. Not "ultimate"

Queen exist in a weird gammon / anti-gammon space.  Beloved of crimson faced grandpas who hang on Jeremy Clarkson's every word, yet simultaneously doing things like Lily of the Valley and Nevermore and opera.  

They're a bit like ABBA and Ziggy-period Bowie - despite the fact that confused boomers and racist mums on Facebook hold them dear, they're still really good.

I'm not sure if I buy this Schroedinger's Gammon theory I think you have to accept that if you like a truly diverse range of music some of it will taste of ham.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Gammon: The Beatles are simultaneously a wonderful multicoloured expression of creative forward thinking and an inch thick Wetherspoons gammon steak topped with pineapple.

Surely a Gammon Uncertainty Principle would be along the lines of the more precisely you listen to "You Really Got Me" in your wellend, parka, and moped combo the less certain it becomes that Ray Davies is one of Britain's greatest songwriters.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Quantum Gammon Observer Effect is that as soon as some music happens it immediately becomes not as good as it used to be.

Gammon Entanglement: Once gammon's share a Paul Weller concert together they can be guaranteed to post leave means leave posts on Facebook at exactly the same time no matter how far away they are from each other.

39 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gammon Grand Unified Theory: if Oasis hadn't thrown away a lot of their best material on b-sides then Be Here Now and Standing On The Shoulder of Giants would have been masterpieces.

That one is kind of true though, I’ve long maintained that The Masterplan is their best album.