Acts That Will Never Play Glastonbury

chatty

8 minutes ago, Elvis Impersonator said:

Legend slot contenders when the options run out.

I think they'd put on a stellar set. Shame it's only half of Queen now.

Adam Lambert doesn't try to be Freddie, he does it his own way. He's also very humble when talking about it, he said every time they play he thinks how lucky he is to share the stage with such legends. He's a showman and they do put on a stellar set.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Only 7 months back he was still running around the place like a Dave Grohl.

And for his solo songs he pulls up a stool and talks about how he's getting too old for this. To be fair he could have been not feeling too well the couple of times I've seen him.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Only 7 months back he was still running around the place like a Dave Grohl.

Ha ha! Now I can follow CalGon on the Twitter.

Queen would be immense, Adam Lambert in a pink tux singing Killer Queen whilst sat on top of a giant robot head is something that’ll live with me forever.

Edited by Hugh Jass

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Even just Brian...

This should be on the farm. During the 80’s you’d go to Glasto and watch the likes of Working Week or Lloyd Cole or whoever, and go to arenas or stadiums to see the likes of Queen and it seemed that never the twain should meet. Now they seem an obvious choice, and one glaring  omission from the farm, but it doesn’t seem any more likely. Such a shame. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I never saw Queen Queen, but I've seen the Adam Lambert version twice and it's the dope shit. Last year they came on playing The 7 Seas of Goddamn Rhye and it was one of the most glorious things I've ever heard.

The show with AL I saw at Hammersmith felt like a much more authentic live Queen experience than those I saw with Paul Rodgers singing. They came on with an updated version of the ‘pizza oven’ lighting rig from the Live Killers era and launched into a number of early Queen rockers, fab stuff.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Paul Rodgers can do one, the tank top wearing old gammon.

I was stood thinking "They'll never play it cos it's a bit niche but it'd be fucken rad if they rolled out Play The Game"  - and then they only went and did an ALMIGHTY rendition of it.

I see they've dropped Stone Cold Crazy from their sets for the time being. That sort of nonsense needs to stop if they're to grace the pyramid. Brighton Rock needs a full rendition too.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

This should be on the farm. During the 80’s you’d go to Glasto and watch the likes of Working Week or Lloyd Cole or whoever, and go to arenas or stadiums to see the likes of Queen and it seemed that never the twain should meet. Now they seem an obvious choice, and one glaring  omission from the farm, but it doesn’t seem any more likely. Such a shame. 

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

The show with AL I saw at Hammersmith felt like a much more authentic live Queen experience than those I saw with Paul Rodgers singing. They came on with an updated version of the ‘pizza oven’ lighting rig from the Live Killers era and launched into a number of early Queen rockers, fab stuff.

Man alive. I've gone off down a Queen live YouTube rabbit hole thanks to you two. It would be one for the ages. Currently on the 82 set from Milton Keynes, I saw them on the same tour at Elland Road and it was amazing, same set list on the farm would be stunning.

• Upvote 1