The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

On 4/25/2019 at 9:38 PM, warriormonk said:

Babymetal are in the UK around this time.  That would be a laugh!

On 4/25/2019 at 10:47 PM, warriormonk said:
On 4/25/2019 at 10:43 PM, mcshed said:

In Yokohama on the Saturday unfortunately.

Good spot.  I should have bothered checking ?

Predicted the band but not the day.  I'm on fire this year!!! 

3 minutes ago, warriormonk said:
  On 4/25/2019 at 9:38 PM, warriormonk said:

Babymetal are in the UK around this time.  That would be a laugh!

Predicted the band but not the day.  I'm on fire this year!!! 

I'm still astounded they're coming from Yokohama Saturday night to the Other Stage Sunday afternoon, I know the time difference works in their favour but still I'm impressed. I wouldn't fancy meeting someone for coffee after that flight let alone a high energy highly choreographed metal idol extravaganza.

41 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I'm still astounded they're coming from Yokohama Saturday night to the Other Stage Sunday afternoon, I know the time difference works in their favour but still I'm impressed. I wouldn't fancy meeting someone for coffee after that flight let alone a high energy highly choreographed metal idol extravaganza.

Just shows you the pull of Glastonbury and the exposure that goes with it, doesn't it.  Bet their manager wasn't going to turn that gig down!

44 minutes ago, warriormonk said:

Just shows you the pull of Glastonbury and the exposure that goes with it, doesn't it.  Bet their manager wasn't going to turn that gig down!

Apparently Bring Me the Horizon are Su-metal's favorite band so she has the added bonus of watching them before passing out and trying to sort out her body clock for the London gig on Tuesday. 

I hope they smash it as it's probably a one off thing.

• 1 month later...

Just had a thought... Neil Young for this? Emily said they've got a big name lined up already for next year, is it impossible to think it could be him given his name has been thrown around already?

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Just had a thought... Neil Young for this? Emily said they've got a big name lined up already for next year, is it impossible to think it could be him given his name has been thrown around already?

Wouldn't really think of him as rock in the same vein as what I expect from this slot. I mean, he has his rockers, but that's not what he's most widely known for, nor what he fills his usual sets with.

Couldn't really fathom a guess at who this is gonna be though. Def Leppard is the name that keeps coming to me, but I'm unsure if they'd take a lower than headline slot, unless of course they just really want to do Glastonbury. If they could put their egos aside they'd be pretty ideal, but I imagine it'll be somebody a bit more underwhelming. 

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Wouldn't really think of him as rock in the same vein as what I expect from this slot. I mean, he has his rockers, but that's not what he's most widely known for, nor what he fills his usual sets with.

Couldn't really fathom a guess at who this is gonna be though. Def Leppard is the name that keeps coming to me, but I'm unsure if they'd take a lower than headline slot, unless of course they just really want to do Glastonbury. If they could put their egos aside they'd be pretty ideal, but I imagine it'll be somebody a bit more underwhelming. 

Def Leppard played underneath Bon Jovi in some European country (Sweden or Denmark maybe) a couple of weeks back, so they're not entirely above playing the daylight hours. They seemed quite pleased with it in a video blog I watched.

KISS is a possibility as they're on their last ever tour at the moment. Gotta get as much of that dosh as possible. Although maybe they'll take one more swing at a Download headline slot.

It being a big act already locked in surely means it's an band with a touring schedule for 2020 mapped out well in advance.

Surprised no one has mentioned a Metallica 'secret set' as an option, or has that already been ruled out? Given Lars appears to be a massive fan/friend of the festival now, and it would be 6 years since they headlined. Probably the only way they'd return to the farm unless they took an Other Stage headline slot, imagine they're one and done as Pyramid headliners.

22 hours ago, Padjeq said:

KISS is a possibility as they're on their last ever tour at the moment. Gotta get as much of that dosh as possible. Although maybe they'll take one more swing at a Download headline slot.

Scratch that. Saw them live last night and it's an all out lasers and pyro show the likes I'd never seen. They won't do without that, or the dark of night.

On 7/8/2019 at 9:53 PM, Wooderson said:

That's Download then.

On 7/9/2019 at 1:33 AM, lukethekid said:

System of a Down

Slipknot

Tool

Alice Cooper

Slayer

Mastodon 

Korn

I'd have SOAD personally but Alice Cooper most realistic.

4 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Limp Bizkit?

Don't think they'd get booked 3rd down the Pyramid myself, move it down a slot and I could see it maybe.