The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I still think IDLES would get a huge crowd - there is an incredible amount of hype around them and their recent tour was superb. 

Iggy would (probably) be a one time opportunity for him to be seen and o imagine there is a fair crossover between fans of both.

Idles will do fine and get a good old crowd at The Park, but they're not third down on the Pyramid ffs.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Idles will do fine and get a good old crowd at The Park, but they're not third down on the Pyramid ffs.

No one claimed then to be; only that there will a crossover of fans if the hypothetical clash comes off. I for one  would like to see both. 

In much the same way as the previously rumoured Chems vs. Hopkins clash (although that seems to have moved). The Chems are the prestige act with a wider fan base but Jon Hopkins would appeal to most too. Although I'm kind of counter arguing my own point as the Chems aren't seventy odd and are more frequently at the festival! ?

Edited by vintagelaureate

7 hours ago, stonedcircle said:

Slipknot! ??

I could honestly see them headlining the Other one year. It seems like the kinda thing Corey would agree to as a bit of a one off/novelty/"how many times can we play Download?" situation. Much like what Metallica was intended to be.

I know for some bizarre reason metal is the most controversial genre in this forum, but Slipknot remain in my top 10 all time live shows. They'd nail Glastonbury. As would Limp Bizkit! 

16 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Get Limp Bizkit on the big pointy stage: they were so fun at Reading 2015. Would far rather see them get a slot on there than Bastille or Years and Years. 

Yeah, they were great fun in Reading that year.

What makes me laugh is that no one admits to liking or even wanting to watch Limp Bizkit.

They were on no ones ‘must see’ list in Reading that year, these forums were full of people saying ‘might have a look at Limp Bizkit, just out of interest, I’m not a fan or anything’,no one was wearing a Limp Bizkit T-Shirt at the festival (they must have the smallest selling merch department ever)

Even when I was generally chatting to people throughout the day at the festival, when I asked who they were planning to see, everyone sort of looked at the floor and said something like ‘might have a look at Limp Bizkit later, just for old time’s sake, not that I like them you understand, if there’s no one else on and I’m over by the tent around the time they are playing  or something’

Yet the stage was absolutely rammed for them, absolutely packed out and was bouncing.I was about halfway back but some of my mates said that they couldn’t get near the place.Great set, great atmosphere.

Maybe they’re the ultimate guilty pleasure, so guilty that no one admits to it. Haha.

29 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

What makes me laugh is that no one admits to liking or even wanting to watch Limp Bizkit.

They were on no ones ‘must see’ list in Reading that year, these forums were full of people saying ‘might have a look at Limp Bizkit, just out of interest, I’m not a fan or anything’,no one was wearing a Limp Bizkit T-Shirt at the festival (they must have the smallest selling merch department ever)

Even when I was generally chatting to people throughout the day at the festival, when I asked who they were planning to see, everyone sort of looked at the floor and said something like ‘might have a look at Limp Bizkit later, just for old time’s sake, not that I like them you understand, if there’s no one else on and I’m over by the tent around the time they are playing  or something’

Yet the stage was absolutely rammed for them, absolutely packed out and was bouncing.I was about halfway back but some of my mates said that they couldn’t get near the place.Great set, great atmosphere.

Maybe they’re the ultimate guilty pleasure, so guilty that no one admits to it. Haha.

Pretty much exactly that happened to me, I only knew their really well known songs, and I refuse to ever see Mumford and Sons live so I thought I’d go see if they were any good. The atmosphere and energy in that tent is one of the best I’ve ever seen on that particular stage. Only Foals the same year or Lil Pump/Brockhampton in 2018 come close I think (that’s only for acts I’ve seen, there has probably been better, I just didn’t see it)

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Saw them at Boomtown last year! They were just great fun. Like damn, even their equipment on flooded during Break Stuff!