The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Playing in Yokohama on the Saturday so no chance.

Ah I didn’t know about that. They would have been a bit niche anyway. Maybe Sunday would still work.

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Announced today. Iggy Pop seeming a strong possibility.

This was announced a while ago - p much the first announced instance of Iggy being in the area to play. We don’t know if he does back to back gigs like this so dunno.

10 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Announced today. Iggy Pop seeming a strong possibility.

Iggy isn't a runner unfortunately. Its a 2000 mile round trip from Norway to Glasto and back and then hes in Sweden a few days later. He hasn't played back to back gigs for years never mind doing it on the back of 15 hours travel in 24 hours. That Saturday date completely rules him out unless he has a Star Trek type transporter. 

Edited by The Nal

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Iggy isn't a runner unfortunately. Its a 2000 mile round trip from Norway to Glasto and back and then hes in Sweden a few days later. He hasn't played back to back gigs for years never mind doing it on the back of 15 hours travel in 24 hours. That Saturday date completely rules him out unless he has a Star Trek type transporter. 

If we're talking about Friday then being in Sweden a few days after being in Norway on Saturday makes no difference. I still concede it's unlikely.

10 minutes ago, mcshed said:

If we're talking about Friday then being in Sweden a few days after being in Norway on Saturday makes no difference. I still concede it's unlikely.

True, theoretically possible but transporting all the gear etc 1000 miles for a headline gig the next day?

21 minutes ago, mcshed said:

While some acts have done more mileage than that in shorter timeframes in order to play, those acts haven't tended to be in their 70s and with enough money + prestige banked that they've got absolutely no benefit to doing so.

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

True, theoretically possible but transporting all the gear etc 1000 miles for a headline gig the next day?

11 minutes ago, incident said:

While some acts have done more mileage than that in shorter timeframes in order to play, those acts haven't tended to be in their 70s and with enough money + prestige banked that they've got absolutely no benefit to doing so.

As I said I don't think it'll happen.

I say this every time this thread gets bumped, but Alice in Chains. Euro tour finished on the Monday before Glastonbury, have UK dates they haven't sold out so wouldn't be on the poster yet, the right size, and just enough mainstream appeal to play the Pyramid.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, LeCecil said:

I say this every time this thread gets bumped, but Alice in Chains. Euro tour finished on the Monday before Glastonbury, have UK dates they haven't sold out so wouldn't be on the poster yet, the right size, and just enough mainstream appeal to play the Pyramid.

I don’t think they’ve got enough mainstream appeal for it. The novelty appeal is at a baseline too.

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Have we resigned to Greta Van Fleet yet?

They’re ruled out.

I don’t agree that Iggy is ruled out completely but if he isn’t playing then Leonard Skinner and the lads are probably the most reasonable punt.

Just now, Superunknown said:

Are Bastille not it, as much as I hate to say it. They seem big enough for 3rd down Pyramid and they're already confirmed for the Pyramid on the Friday?

No chance. Bastille really aren’t that big anymore - reckon they’ll be fifth down the Pyramid myself, fourth at a push if we believe Lauryn Hill is headlining WH.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Always thought the Pyramid would look good adorned with the confederate flag. 

╔══ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══╗
~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~
~ you are a beautiful strong southern man ~
~ who don’t need him around anyhow ~
╚══ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══╝