The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

I like the idea of Priest doing it, they are very metal. Saw them at Bloodstock last year and they were sensational. If Ozzy were to recover from his current health issues, he has the chutzpah to carry off a memorable hour. As for Whitesnake, plenty of tunes, it's just that Dave hasn't been able to sing for ages. I walked out of one their shows as long ago as 1990, just awful screeching, a real same as he did have one of the great rock blues voices.

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

In 2019?? Not for me 

The week before Glastonbury they're playing a number of stadiums around the country, apart from the fact they seem to be taking a mid tour break, there's no way they're playing 3rd or 4th down on The Pyramid. 

ZZ Top, Royal Blood and Motorhead were all theatre sized acts at best.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The week before Glastonbury they're playing a number of stadiums around the country, apart from the fact they seem to be taking a mid tour break, there's no way they're playing 3rd or 4th down on The Pyramid. 

ZZ Top, Royal Blood and Motorhead were all theatre sized acts at best.

Must admit i don't pay any attention to Bon Jovi, are they selling those stadiums out? 

10 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

In 2019?? Not for me 

Lest there be any confusion, I'm not saying they should or would headline (I don't think they do festivals), but they still sell out stadiums all over the world (I think they have 3 stadium dates in England alone this summer) and have sold 130 million records.  They are not playing at tea time.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

but there's also no way they're playing the top of the Pyramid.

So for bands like these, they have to decide if it might be worth doing anyway with a slot 3rd or 4th down. Some will, some won't.

1 minute ago, Username taken said:

Lest there be any confusion, I'm not saying they should or would headline (I don't think they do festivals), but they still sell out stadiums all over the world (I think they have 3 stadium dates in England alone this summer) and have sold 130 million records.  They are not playing at tea time.

I think they could be persuaded if they were offered the chance to play that slot though, suppose that's up to them.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

No idea, looked at the price, didn't look any further.

Bet its extortionate as well. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So for bands like these, they have to decide if it might be worth doing anyway with a slot 3rd or 4th down. Some will, some won't.

Oh yeah, no chance they're headlining but I couldn't see Bon Jovi appearing further down the bill, some other bands may do it but not them.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not sure there's a catchall 'bands like these' tag that covers these bands.  The likes of Aerosmith, Kiss, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden etc could all headline the likes of Download and Sonisphere, but would be ill suited to headlining Glastonbury.  But they're all way too big to take a lower slot.  ZZ Top etc aren't in that bracket - they'd be 2nd or 3rd on the bill at Download, so it makes no odds to them to take an afternoon slot at Glastonbury.

5 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Must admit i don't pay any attention to Bon Jovi, are they selling those stadiums out? 

Probably, I got presale and the seats were filling up very quickly.

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

I think they could be persuaded if they were offered the chance to play that slot though, suppose that's up to them.

Bet its extortionate as well. 

Very reasonable

Ticket Price: £95.00 x 2 = £190.00
Service Charge: £10.25 x 2 = £20.50

Delivery Charge: £3.45 
Handling Charge: £0.00 
Total Charge: £213.95

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup.  It's like suggesting Kiss or Aerosmith. Not a chance.

See I wouldn't put Kiss or Aerosmith in the same bracket as Bon Jovi but that's probably more my taste than anything. Aerosmith wouldn't do it but if they played they would certainly headline. 

10 minutes ago, Username taken said:

They headlined the I.O.W festival in 2013 so seem ok with them I guess. 

36 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

They aren't. Gold circle and a lot of close seats available for Wembley still. Loads for coventry too. Support is the Manic Street Preachers, who I guess are intent on not seeing their own homes this summer at all.

On Def Leppard, they do have a glastonbury day free, but it would be bookended by two separate festivals in Norway.