The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

On 7/11/2019 at 9:33 AM, watsonjm said:

Billie Jo was there this year watching his son.  Rumored to be releasing new music soon.  Would love it to be them.  Personally think they could headline.

This would be amazing! 

They're not someone I would necessarily go out of my way to listen to but I've got to say having seen them live, at my first ever gig at the age of about 12 - I'd love to see Rammstein do it just for the absolute spectacle of it, if nothing else. 

17 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Kiss are famously money-orientated and egotistic. Can’t see them playing low down for peanuts 

Really? How can you be egotistical when you are a joke and nothing more than a parody band? Do they actually take themselves seriously?

11 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Really? How can you be egotistical when you are a joke and nothing more than a parody band? Do they actually take themselves seriously?

??? Gene Simmons does. He’s quite possibly the worst person on the planet. Paul and the hired hands seem pretty aware of their place in society: a funny novelty with some decent tunes, that’s all just a bit of a laugh. Really can’t see em turning up to Glastonbury though, just not enough £££ in it 

33 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

??? Gene Simmons does. He’s quite possibly the worst person on the planet. Paul and the hired hands seem pretty aware of their place in society: a funny novelty with some decent tunes, that’s all just a bit of a laugh. Really can’t see em turning up to Glastonbury though, just not enough £££ in it 

I was gonna say the same, he's a bizarre and really quite horrible man who massively overestimates the importance of his contributions to popular culture. 

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Would love it to be Aerosmith, bangers galore. And it looks like their Vegas residency ends at the start of June next year... 

They are way too big for that slot, I think at a push other headliners but I don’t think they would think that was big enough 

18 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Would love it to be Aerosmith, bangers galore. And it looks like their Vegas residency ends at the start of June next year... 

I'm pretty sure their headline slot at Download a few years ago was billed as the last ever UK appearance - though I might have this wrong.