The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

1 hour ago, Gingerfish79 said:

No Friday afternoon Rock is very disappointing, especially considering how 'pop' the line-up looks on the main stages so far this year

3 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Well colour me disappointed ?

Yeh, this is really disappointing. I was hoping they'd just left it off the poster, along with a few big names, but that's seeming unlikely now.... Aaah well, I hope Shangri la and the earache express throw us some gems!

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Real shame if this isn’t happening this year, and also strange considering Emily has talked about it quite recently. Wonder if they had somebody lined up but it fell through, or just never managed to find a suitable act for it.

What if it Prodigy weren't a other headliner and were the rock slot, then decided just to leave it this year after Keiths passing... Unlikely because of the Teeners information but could be...

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Real shame if this isn’t happening this year, and also strange considering Emily has talked about it quite recently. Wonder if they had somebody lined up but it fell through, or just never managed to find a suitable act for it.

I'm starting to think that a lot of their best laid plans go to waste these days. They're better off keeping schtum and we're better off waiting to see what occurs once we get there. It's not like anything they tease us with is the deciding factor of whether or not we buy a ticket, is it? Especially if October and today's events are anything to go by

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's no 'rock slot' this year, so i heard at the weekend.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-2019-line-up-2483548

Speaking to George Ezra on his podcast, she appeared to confirm the festival now has an official "metal slot" on the Pyramid Stage on the Friday (June 28) of the festival.She said: "We have a metal slot on a Friday.

"Which is on the Friday at about 5pm, and that's a new thing that has just started.

"That is now a really big slot.

"I quite like this, I'm quite into the expansion of the line-up beyond those three headline slots."

I actually think that @RarerThanDandyB could be right about The Prodigy originally being booked for it. Was there anything other than the Prodigy/Courteeners info suggesting that they were meant to be headlining the Other? Perhaps they were meant to be this year's Friday rock act.

Unless after keith died, Prodigy said they wouldn't be playing, which left a spot open to headline other stage and the act booked to play the 'Rock Slot' got moved to there? All just speculation tbf, anything could have happened.

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-2019-line-up-2483548

Speaking to George Ezra on his podcast, she appeared to confirm the festival now has an official "metal slot" on the Pyramid Stage on the Friday (June 28) of the festival.She said: "We have a metal slot on a Friday.

"Which is on the Friday at about 5pm, and that's a new thing that has just started.

"That is now a really big slot.

"I quite like this, I'm quite into the expansion of the line-up beyond those three headline slots."

yep. seems that things have changed.

Nick Dewey told Scott on Saturday that there's no rock slot this year.