The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

23 hours ago, jparx said:

Limp Bizkit are all sorts of fun live. Gets a thumbs up from me. I reckon they'd draw a huge crowd as well. A LOT of people in their mid 20s to early 30s were swept up by the whole nu metal genre and I reckon a lot of people who don't normally go to metal shows/festivals would jump at the chance to see them.

The real answers if they want a 'metal slot' are Mastodon, Gojira, Lamb of God etc., but it's never going to happen unless they make an effort to book much more metal throughout the lineup. If they want a novelty metal slot, which this intends to be, they need acts that are recognisable but can't be too big, so LB are a perfect choice.

Slipknot! ??

13 minutes ago, Woffy said:

What the actual fuck has happened to this thread / slot?

Limp Bizkit? Fuck off. 

The slot’s probably not actually happening, if that is any comfort. And I don’t think Limp Bizkit would be chosen for it anyroad. Bizkit at Glastonbury would be excellent though, as I’ve said for a long time. Seems that a lot of people spend their whole weekends navigating around shit that they don’t actually listen to for novelty value, don’t see why Limp Bizkit should be any more upsetting a booking than Sheryl Crow.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The slot’s probably not actually happening, if that is any comfort. And I don’t think Limp Bizkit would be chosen for it anyroad. Bizkit at Glastonbury would be excellent though, as I’ve said for a long time. Seems that a lot of people spend their whole weekends navigating around shit that they don’t actually listen to for novelty value, don’t see why Limp Bizkit should be any more upsetting a booking than Sheryl Crow.

That is comforting, Dental; thank you.

I think comparing Durst & Crow as bookings is very unfair on Crow though. 

6 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Why would Em actively mention their being a slot, to then not actually book a relevant act for the slot?

Because it appears that there aren’t any! Pyramid looks busy on Friday already without a random hard rock act, for some reason kept off the poster, thrown in there.

She also mentioned a legendary American singer-songwriter slot on Saturday afternoon didn’t she? Guess that could extend to Janet...

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

That is comforting, Dental; thank you.

I think comparing Durst & Crow as bookings is very unfair on Crow though. 

Eh, not really. It’s a booking that seems to mean something to a very limited age bracket, and a god damn sideways looking dog who keeps telling me she’s a much bigger deal than I think she is.

21 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Why would Em actively mention their being a slot, to then not actually book a relevant act for the slot?

It's entirely possible that Emily says something because that's what she thought at the time - then an act falls through or pulls out and everything gets reshuffled.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

100524-limp-bizkit-414x275.jpg

If you make sure you're connected 

The writing's on the wall

Genuinely thought this was a photoshopped picture with Tim Westwood. Imagine my surprise when I saw the next page and doilly man is an actual thing. 

Still very much think the third down rock act is a goer despite us not being able to figure out who it is. Would be odd that in the first year of Emily acknowledging that the slot is an actual thing that they don’t book an act for it. Lauryn Hill fourth and Bastille fifth seems just right to me.

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

That'd be a clash and a half with IDLES if The Park 6pm info is correct.

It'd be one of those clashes thats not really a clash though. You'd see Ig, cos he's seventy something and not Idles who will currently turn up to the opening of an envelope. 

45 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

It'd be one of those clashes thats not really a clash though. You'd see Ig, cos he's seventy something and not Idles who will currently turn up to the opening of an envelope. 

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plus he doesnt sound like the Cockney Rejects doing the greatest hits of Oi!

I still think IDLES would get a huge crowd - there is an incredible amount of hype around them and their recent tour was superb. 

Iggy would (probably) be a one time opportunity for him to be seen and o imagine there is a fair crossover between fans of both.

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Limp Bizkit are playing Finland on Friday so you might be right here.

;)

Are they? They’re playing Full Force Festival in Germany on the Sunday but I didn’t see owt about a Finland gig.

https://full-force.de/en/the-final-full-force-2019-lineup/

Edited by MEGABOWL