The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Emily plays a little fast and loose with the term "metal". BMTH played the Pyramid in 2016, and I'm pretty sure it was in the exact spot we're referring to

However, sadly I think the fact that they did that probably rules them out of appearing in it this year

Yeah, they do call it the ‘metal slot’ but ZZ Top are hardly metal.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

These Horizon punchlines played the Other Stage to about 6 people. They're not graduating to the Pyramid.

Oh, oops. Who played the rock slot in 2016 then?

EDIT: ZZ Top. Ignore me. This is what you get from coming on efestivals at 6.30am before a coffee

Edited by Sasperella

9 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

You reckon they’d turn down a pyramid slot and all the associated bonuses to their music sales??

No chance. Decent slot and they’d be laughing. ZZ top did it and I’d say they are a bigger act than the Lep. Roaaaar.

Yes, they would turn it down, Def Leppard do not play at 5 in the afternoon

By what metric are ZZ Top bigger than Def Leppard, would you say?

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

Are Alice in Chains not in the running anymore? 

They’re available, but it’s debatable that they’d be booked in such a big slot at Glastonbury. Can’t see it myself - they’re don’t have the same clout in the U.K. as the previous three names and seem like far more of a midway down Other act.

11 hours ago, whateverworksout said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Bring Me The Horizon? They’ve said the festival they’re doing in London is an “exclusive” headline set, but they wouldn’t be headlining glasto and they’re at big weekend? I’ve been assuming they’ll show up somewhere 

Ruled out - playing Rock Werchter on the Friday

I’m not sure about the Friday rock slot but I’ve just noticed that Weezer (sorry if this has been mentioned before!) are playing in Belgium on the Friday and London on the Saturday. Surely they’re going to be announced for the Sunday at Glastonbury?? Maybe in the slot that dropkick Murphy’s played on the Sunday in 2017.  

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Get Whitesnake on board. ?

Bands playing the big rock festivals that are free without the Friday making it a heap of days in a row:

Alice in Chains

Manowar

Cage the Elephant

Eagles of Death Metal

That's looking at Download, Hellfest, Graspop, Rock Werchter, Rock am Ring etc.

37 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I’m not sure about the Friday rock slot but I’ve just noticed that Weezer (sorry if this has been mentioned before!) are playing in Belgium on the Friday and London on the Saturday. Surely they’re going to be announced for the Sunday at Glastonbury?? Maybe in the slot that dropkick Murphy’s played on the Sunday in 2017.  

I'm holding out for this.  I think they're in the Netherlands the following week so I don't really see the point of them coming all the way from mainland Europe, just to go back there for one London show.  Makes far more sense that they would be playing Glastonbury and opted to chuck the London show on there too to maximise the trip. Looks like the London show isn't sold out yet either, which would explain them not being on the first poster.