The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

1 hour ago, Eazy-Eyan said:

Fearing the wrath of the board obviously, but what about Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes for this slot?

Totally get they wouldn't garner the slot if it wasn't a rock slot, but reckon they've got the right profile for it!? 

In Scandinavia all weekend

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Cypress Hill playing in Finland that day. Iggy or The Darkness it is then.

I categorically refuse to entertain the possibility it could be the fucking darkness. 

Iggy confirmed people... Nothing to see here...

I hope the reason the rock act was left off the initial poster is just because they wanted some big names to be left for the full lineup rather than the initial act falling through and them having to find a replacement to announce. Still got everything crossed for Iggy as none of the other realistic suggestions really interest me.

Is this slot one of the hardest to book given it needs to be

metal/hard rock

sufficiently mainstream/recognisable

okay with the glastonbury fee

available?

Could be someone not even touring around then. until we know I'm convincing myself it's Bon Jovi

3 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Is this slot one of the hardest to book given it needs to be

metal/hard rock

sufficiently mainstream/recognisable

okay with the glastonbury fee

available?

Could be someone not even touring around then. until we know I'm convincing myself it's Bon Jovi

Metallica

Metallica

Metallica

Metallica

33 minutes ago, whateverworksout said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Bring Me The Horizon? They’ve said the festival they’re doing in London is an “exclusive” headline set, but they wouldn’t be headlining glasto and they’re at big weekend? I’ve been assuming they’ll show up somewhere 

I'd love BMTH to be there but not sure they quite fit the criteria. Pretty sure Emily Eavis called it a "metal slot"... 

Edited by wairey

6 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

You reckon they’d turn down a pyramid slot and all the associated bonuses to their music sales??

No chance. Decent slot and they’d be laughing. ZZ top did it and I’d say they are a bigger act than the Lep. Roaaaar.

You might say it, but it wouldn't be correct. They're headlining Download.

7 hours ago, wairey said:

I'd love BMTH to be there but not sure they quite fit the criteria. Pretty sure Emily Eavis called it a "metal slot"... 

Emily plays a little fast and loose with the term "metal". BMTH played the Pyramid in 2016, and I'm pretty sure it was in the exact spot we're referring to

However, sadly I think the fact that they did that probably rules them out of appearing in it this year

8 hours ago, whateverworksout said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Bring Me The Horizon? They’ve said the festival they’re doing in London is an “exclusive” headline set, but they wouldn’t be headlining glasto and they’re at big weekend? I’ve been assuming they’ll show up somewhere 

They’ve turned their back on metal (though I’m sure they’ll come crawling back) so doubt it will be them