The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

3 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Do I ironically enjoy some Bryan Adams or is it a Guilty Pleasure or can a Guilty Pleasure only actually be cool (and therefore not actually a guilty pleasure at all)?

I love Bryan Adams. Reckless is one of the finest pop rock albums every made. 

Personally I'd like Queens of The Stone Age or Alice Cooper. QoTSA as they rock live and I've not seen them in ages (though don't think they are touring at the moment so unlikely). Is Josh even concentrating on QoTSA anymore or is he focused on side projects now?

And Alice Cooper as he's the type of act I'd quite like to see, but don't like him enough to go pay to see him. I'm not a massive fan of his music (though Schools out for summer and poison are decent tunes), but would be curious to see him as I think he puts on a really cool stage show.He's touring later in the year and has nothing on in June so could be vaguely plausible he'd play.

7 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Personally I'd like Queens of The Stone Age or Alice Cooper. QoTSA as they rock live and I've not seen them in ages (though don't think they are touring at the moment so unlikely). Is Josh even concentrating on QoTSA anymore or is he focused on side projects now?

And Alice Cooper as he's the type of act I'd quite like to see, but don't like him enough to go pay to see him. I'm not a massive fan of his music (though Schools out for summer and poison are decent tunes), but would be curious to see him as I think he puts on a really cool stage show.He's touring later in the year and has nothing on in June so could be vaguely plausible he'd play.

I doubt QOTSA would accept a slot that low to be honest.

Alice Cooper is an interesting shout, although I doubt he comes cheap.

QOTSA are gash at the moment. The fest dropped a bollock not booking that Post Pop/Iggy tour with Homme however. That record is a slow burn and the live tour looked an absolute blast. Never swung through Ireland/The G so I missed it.

33 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Do I ironically enjoy some Bryan Adams or is it a Guilty Pleasure or can a Guilty Pleasure only actually be cool (and therefore not actually a guilty pleasure at all)?

What you're saying here is you like Bryan Adams.

There's a line in Butch Walker and The Black Widdows' song Summer of '89 that goes "Nobody knew Bryan Adams wasn't cool 
The TV just told me he was".

Now I have no idea what that proves one way or the other but it gives me an excuse to post the video :D

43 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I think this slot has a fair bit of scope for someone who falls in to this category. 

I would have said the same for Motorhead in 2015, watched them mainly to hear Ace of Spades as nothing else grabbed my attention elsewhere and the whole performance was a highlight of the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

Slayer and ZZ Top are both excellent, and I could not give a shiny shite about irony or mass appeal or whatever. What a really, really weird thing to post. 

Happy to jump aboard the Alice Cooper train btw! I’d prefer him in the dark headlining the Park or the Truth stage, but I bet he’d smash the pyramid to bits. 

I really want Judas Priest to play this rock/pyramid slot in 2020 btw, and I bet Rob Halford is absolutely bang up for it too 

28 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I really want Judas Priest to play this rock/pyramid slot in 2020 btw, and I bet Rob Halford is absolutely bang up for it too 

I didn't realise till now how much I absolutely want this. Saw them at bloodstock last year and they were bloody brilliant. And yeah I imagine Rob would definitely be game.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

3 hours ago, sean01 said:

I didn't realise till now how much I absolutely want this. Saw them at bloodstock last year and they were bloody brilliant. And yeah I imagine Rob would definitely be game.

Screenshot_20190309-001044_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a58a1fc2bfb8991038140f7fe4e7156f.jpg

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Does anyone ironically like ZZ Top? Does anyone ironically like anyone?

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Does anyone ironically like ZZ Top? Does anyone ironically like anyone?

I love all ZZ Tops 70s albums however ironically I’m not as keen on the 80s ones ?

• Upvote 1