The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

On 2/1/2019 at 4:55 PM, Gnomicide said:

God, Saxon were (and probably still are) appalling.

Saxon are easily one of the best metal bands that the UK has ever produced. wash your mouth out with soap.

• Downvote 1

My guess is that the slot will be filled by Slayer. They are perfectly happy to play two or even three slots from the top and currently they are on the best form anyone can comprehend. They are at Download earlier in June so probably doing Euro dates. It would absolutely make my weekend if they play because currently I am NOT feeling the vibe as much as I should be. Bearded Theory has got a far better set of headliners which is saying something. A festival that can boast Kylie and Slayer on the same stage gets my vote any day.

Slayer would of course be utterly amazing, because I love em and they’re brilliant and it would also make for lots of confused Pyramid denizens, but it ain’t happening. They’re a Download exclusive and it’s also billed as their last UK show. 

Shame, cos they were great in November ????

7 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

Saxon are easily one of the best metal bands that the UK has ever produced. wash your mouth out with soap.

Nah, it a genre that is overrun with cliched guff, none are more plodding, cock waving, spandexed, socks down the trousers, finger pointingly cliched as Saxon. I'll admit to liking And The Bands Played On but that's it.

7 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Slayer would of course be utterly amazing, because I love em and they’re brilliant and it would also make for lots of confused Pyramid denizens, but it ain’t happening. They’re a Download exclusive and it’s also billed as their last UK show. 

Shame, cos they were great in November ????

Hopefully they'll do their traditional slot headlining The Park.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

My guess is that the slot will be filled by Slayer. They are perfectly happy to play two or even three slots from the top and currently they are on the best form anyone can comprehend. They are at Download earlier in June so probably doing Euro dates. It would absolutely make my weekend if they play because currently I am NOT feeling the vibe as much as I should be. Bearded Theory has got a far better set of headliners which is saying something. A festival that can boast Kylie and Slayer on the same stage gets my vote any day.

Nope. Norway on Friday, Finland on Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I’d have thought whoever’s doing this slot must have some crossover appeal. Motörhead, ZZ Top and Royal Blood are all popular acts that have had hits that people know. Some of the names bandied about on here seem rather unlikely; hopefully it will be (finally) Iggy.

Yeah, rock/metal slot though it may be, it's still third down the Pyramid - they're not gonna start throwing technical death metal or grindcore on there.

Honestly, outside of Iggy I'm struggling to think who else it could realistically be who's touring this year so hopefully that's a positive sign that it is him, even if he isn't exactly active around that time (as far as we know).

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, rock/metal slot though it may be, it's still third down the Pyramid - they're not gonna start throwing technical death metal or grindcore on there.

Honestly, outside of Iggy I'm struggling to think who else it could realistically be who's touring this year so hopefully that's a positive sign that it is him, even if he isn't exactly active around that time (as far as we know).

He’s at Mad Cool two weeks after. Playing in Norway on the Saturday of Glasto, even.

• 4 weeks later...