The 'Friday Afternoon Rock Slot'

Username taken

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Murph and the lads may be nuff earsplitting, but they ain't appearing on the 'mild.

At least that way we’d get a decent vesion of ‘just like heaven’ on there over the weekend

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Thirty Seconds to Mars are touring at the time. No UK date.

More importantly, they’ve got their own festival called Mars Island. Prices start at $995. Dry festival. Amazing stuff, can’t wait for the documentary.

https://events.thirtysecondstomars.com/mars-island/tickets/

Activities include water sports. Sounds a bit niche.

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Thirty Seconds to Mars are touring at the time. No UK date.

More importantly, they’ve got their own festival called Mars Island. Prices start at $995. Dry festival. Amazing stuff, can’t wait for the documentary.

https://events.thirtysecondstomars.com/mars-island/tickets/

They've done this same event in the US in Malibu but call it Camp Mars. It's a high-end weekend experience that seems to sell out every year. I don't who these people are that are dropping $1,000 for it but apparently there's a market.

There's no way Glasto would book them, right?

3 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

They've done this same event in the US in Malibu but call it Camp Mars. It's a high-end weekend experience that seems to sell out every year. I don't who these people are that are dropping $1,000 for it but apparently there's a market.

How do you get through a 30STM gig without industrial quantities of booze?

6 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

TBF, if it was a band that I liked, that doesn't sound terrible.  30STM fans are really obsessive from my experience and would lap this up.

A few days on a Croatian beach during the summer with some yoga and dicking about on jetskis and stuff.  If you could replace the Leto and the lads with an act who don't make my ears bleed, its something I could get on board with.*

*please note that I do not have £1000 to spare

49 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

How do you get through a 30STM gig without industrial quantities of booze?

Haha, that’s reminded me, i went to a one-day festival thing here in Moscow with 30 Seconds to Mars playing. When we got there, we found out there’d been an almighty fuck up, and the organisers had been refused a permit to sell alcohol. Fucking disaster. Hordes of thirsty Russians prowling about in search of a drink. Fortunately we had VIP passes and were able to steam into the free booze backstage. Didn’t make a blind bit of difference though, they still sounded fucking awful.

• Upvote 3