Jump to content
surfbunnyuk

Packing list for travelling by coach please 😊

Recommended Posts

Hi, 

Has anyone got a packing list more suitable for travelling by coach please, all the ones I can find are more relevant to driving in. We have got 65 litre rucksacks , many thanks xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, surfbunnyuk said:

Hi, 

Has anyone got a packing list more suitable for travelling by coach please, all the ones I can find are more relevant to driving in. We have got 65 litre rucksacks , many thanks xx

You'll struggle to get a pop up tent in a 65 litre rucksack 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lycra said:

You'll struggle to get a pop up tent in a 65 litre rucksack 🤣

Haha , hubby will obviously carry it separately, I just wondered if there were any lists floating around 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, surfbunnyuk said:

Haha , hubby will obviously carry it separately, I just wondered if there were any lists floating around 😁

Are you experienced festival goers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rucksacks and a tent will be just fine. How much more you can take depends on the discretion of the driver and how much stuff your fellow coach passengers bring with them. I have seen sack trucks loaded with booze make it in to the storage bays but if there is not enough room you maybe asked to leave it.

I've travelled by coach a few times and I have managed with one large rucksack containing my clothes, a few beers, a few snacks, toiletries, and my tent. I try and pack as light as I can and keep everything in one rucksack if I can, I'll take a small day bag to take on the coach with a few supplies for the journey. 

If you are in a group you can get creative and split your supplies between you so that you can manage to take everything you would like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 75 litre rucksack and find it is big enough for 5 changes/days of clothes + fleece + waterproof + sleeping bag+ trainers (Normally wear boots to travel). Torches/batteries, drinking vessels & (most importantly) spirits (in metal or plastic) stashed in side pockets. Bedrolls/thin airbeds can be strapped to outer, as can wellies.

When we went by coach we took a sack truck for the tent, stove, cool box containing food/utensils and the cans. As we were travelling as a group of four we each took a second smaller rucksack and used these for communal gear......like more cider 😁

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always travel by coach.... Here's my packing list, adapted through experience over a few years/festivals. as a female, you'll have little use for the Lenor bottle..... The beers go into a Sports Direct bag which I carry, the rest in or strapped to the rucksack.

Glastonbury Packing List.docx

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude
Clarification
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, Lycra said:

Are you experienced festival goers?

I have been twice, just wanted a checklist really to add to the excitement 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 8:45 AM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Always travel by coach.... Here's my packing list, adapted through experience over a few years/festivals. as a female, you'll have little use for the Lenor bottle..... The beers go into a Sports Direct bag which I carry, the rest in or strapped to the rucksack.

Glastonbury Packing List.docx

Thank you, that’s awesome 😁

Just tried to access it and it comes up with error 😞

Edited by surfbunnyuk
More comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never travelled by coach, car again this year might consider the coachin the future if lucky enough to get tickets. Roughly what time do they leave the festival site. Surely not some ungodly hour early Monday morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never travelled by coach, car again this year might consider the coachin the future if lucky enough to get tickets. Roughly what time do they leave the festival site. Surely not some ungodly hour early Monday morning?

Have always travelled by coach, and from Scotland. Published leaving time usually around 8:30, but I’ve yet to leave before 10. That said, as there tends to be only one Scottish See coach and one NE for Glasgow,  same for Edinburgh (so 4 in total) you really need to be there by 8:30 in case they’re on time. But they never are, so you end up sleeping on you’re luggage at Gate A bus park for a couple of hours. Pain in the neck, but you’re so exhausted and emotional by then it doesn’t matter. Festival is over. Worst point of the year, regardless of buses.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 12:14 PM, surfbunnyuk said:

Thank you, that’s awesome 😁

Just tried to access it and it comes up with error 😞

Haven’t forgotten, will be home by Wed and will direct message you then.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't bother taking food, I'm in the fortunate position of being able to buy on site.  Also don't drink beer, so don't carry that, just some hooch, but not massive quantities if I'm carrying it.  I'm lazy and old and in warm weather don't want to carry several days worth and drink it when it's luke warm - if you like wine then a box  is compact and capacious.

Cash
Tickets
packable poncho (or buy one there if necessary)
toothbrush
toothpaste
Suncream 
First aid pouch (plasters, nurofen, antihistemine, etc)
Towel
Sleeping Bag
short sleeve t
long sleeve t
coat 
pants
socks
boots
Phone charger/battery pack
Torch
fold up daybag
Beaker
fleece
Toilet roll and/or packs of tissue
Wet wipes 
Kitchen roll (some, not a whole roll)
Bin bag/s
light trainer (just to have something else especially for speedy toilet trips)
Phone 
Water Carrier (or buy a 0.5l bottle on site?)
Cans of G&T, or whatever you like?
Cereal Bars (or whatever as something for when you need a bit of energy at the start or end of the day)
hand gel

Edited by clarkete
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Haven’t forgotten, will be home by Wed and will direct message you then.

Thank you 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, clarkete said:

I don't bother taking food, I'm in the fortunate position of being able to buy on site.  Also don't drink beer, so don't carry that, just some hooch, but not massive quantities if I'm carrying it.  I'm lazy and old and in warm weather don't want to carry several days worth and drink it when it's luke warm - if you like wine then a box  is compact and capacious.

Cash
Tickets
packable poncho (or buy one there if necessary)
toothbrush
toothpaste
Suncream 
First aid pouch (plasters, nurofen, antihistemine, etc)
Towel
Sleeping Bag
short sleeve t
long sleeve t
coat 
pants
socks
boots
Phone charger/battery pack
Torch
fold up daybag
Beaker
fleece
Toilet roll and/or packs of tissue
Wet wipes 
Kitchen roll (some, not a whole roll)
Bin bag/s
light trainer (just to have something else especially for speedy toilet trips)
Phone 
Water Carrier (or buy a 0.5l bottle on site?)
Cans of G&T, or whatever you like?
Cereal Bars (or whatever as something for when you need a bit of energy at the start or end of the day)
hand gel

Brilliant, thank you so much. Speedy toilet trips made me laugh, and the water carrier is a fab idea 😁

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clothes (loads of socks)

Waterproofs

Hiking boots (wear in)

Trainers (pack and pray)

Toothbrush and paste, antiperspirant

Baby wipes

TICKETS & WALLET

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×