Wilderness 2019

FestivalJamie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went last year and it was one of the best festival experiences I've ever had. I've been to Glastonbury 4 times and a few other smaller ones and this was just outstanding. I'd describe it as a big village fête but with amazing music. I was worried about the late night scene but I wasn't disappointed as The Valley was open from about 11pm until about 6am IIRC. 

On the Sunday when we were all feeling fraglie we sat at one stage under cover and listened to a 60 piece orchestra play Disney songs haha.

2 hours ago, Nick-bristol said:

I went last year and it was one of the best festival experiences I've ever had. I've been to Glastonbury 4 times and a few other smaller ones and this was just outstanding. I'd describe it as a big village fête but with amazing music. I was worried about the late night scene but I wasn't disappointed as The Valley was open from about 11pm until about 6am IIRC. 

On the Sunday when we were all feeling fraglie we sat at one stage under cover and listened to a 60 piece orchestra play Disney songs haha.

Yeah, it's great fun - man, it was hot last year though!

On 6/24/2019 at 3:38 PM, cubalibre2000 said:

Hi, I am unable to attend Wilderness this year, would anyone be interested to buy a classic bell tent for 4 (1 double/ 2 singles)? Also selling the 2 adult tickets/ 1 teen ticket (autumn release) as well. Message me for more details. Serious buyers only. Thanks!

Hi, I’m seriously looking at going but not sure if what you’re selling is within my price range. Can you give me an idea of the cost? 

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Summertime said:

Hi, I’m seriously looking at going but not sure if what you’re selling is within my price range. Can you give me an idea of the cost? Thanks! 

Hi Summertime! The Classic Bell Tent for 4 pax is £1279. The adult tickets are at £179 each, and the teen ticket is £126. Thanks.

6 hours ago, cubalibre2000 said:

Hi Summertime! The Classic Bell Tent for 4 pax is £1279. The adult tickets are at £179 each, and the teen ticket is £126. Thanks.

Great thanks for the reply! As there’s just the two of us I think I’ll look into some of the other options but thanks very much and hope you’re able to find a home for them! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

First time going to Wilderness and have a few questions if anyone could help please. Their website is a bit vague really...

1. They mention bringing a re-usable water bottle but would they have a problem with a 2L hydration bladder?

2. I was planning on bringing my steel pint pot from Glasto to use in the bars. Would they be happy to pour it into that? Seems pointless to pour into their own one and then me pour it again (which happened at Glasto a bit)

Cheers

42 minutes ago, thelawofstraightness said:

Hi all,

First time going to Wilderness and have a few questions if anyone could help please. Their website is a bit vague really...

1. They mention bringing a re-usable water bottle but would they have a problem with a 2L hydration bladder?

2. I was planning on bringing my steel pint pot from Glasto to use in the bars. Would they be happy to pour it into that? Seems pointless to pour into their own one and then me pour it again (which happened at Glasto a bit)

Cheers

I can't see them having a problem with either. They are quite relaxed on searches coming into the arena and had lots of common sense last year.

So many tickets going on FB groups but pretty sure 99% are scams. Am I right in understanding they sent wristbands out, not paper/e-tickets?

wilderness also apparently taking down posts selling tickets in order to sell their own, wonder how badly this has sold?

anyway, will buy 2 tickets!

1 minute ago, adequate8 said:

So many tickets going on FB groups but pretty sure 99% are scams. Am I right in understanding they sent wristbands out, not paper/e-tickets?

wilderness also apparently taking down posts selling tickets in order to sell their own, wonder how badly this has sold?

anyway, will buy 2 tickets!

Yes they send wristbands.

It is supposedly close to selling out.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

Crinkle Cuts
Xylaroo
Penya
Thill Collins
Afro Cluster
Annie Bea
Shingai

The Jumpyard looks very good all round to us.

Thanks again - managed to catch Thrill Collins and Shingai - both loads of fun!

Came back last night but loved it this year, it’s probably 3/4x bigger now since we last went in 2014 but kept it’s charm and vibes. 

Awesome weather, food and lineup, Bombay and Robyn were immense. No queue for showers/toilets etc but could do with more water points. Also easy enough to smuggle booze into the arena saving us a fortune.

as it’s grown in size, it’s now very much what Latitude was 5 years ago, with a really nice chilled vibe but with less on the bands/comedy/acts front, but makes up with more variation, audience participation and extra things to do (swimming, crafts, yoga, banquet etc). Glad someone stepped into that gap left by Latitude. 

highlights (other than the above):

hip hop karaoke

strictly come wilderness

cricket (obvs)

patty & bun (food and stage)

george fitzgerald

the spectacle

will be back next year

2 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Thanks again - managed to catch Thrill Collins and Shingai - both loads of fun!

Came back last night but loved it this year, it’s probably 3/4x bigger now since we last went in 2014 but kept it’s charm and vibes. 

Awesome weather, food and lineup, Bombay and Robyn were immense. No queue for showers/toilets etc but could do with more water points. Also easy enough to smuggle booze into the arena saving us a fortune.

as it’s grown in size, it’s now very much what Latitude was 5 years ago, with a really nice chilled vibe but with less on the bands/comedy/acts front, but makes up with more variation, audience participation and extra things to do (swimming, crafts, yoga, banquet etc). Glad someone stepped into that gap left by Latitude. 

highlights (other than the above):

hip hop karaoke

strictly come wilderness

cricket (obvs)

patty & bun (food and stage)

george fitzgerald

the spectacle

will be back next year

Glad you enjoyed it - we found it had lost some of it's soul and good feeling this year compared to last.

Too many acts etc repeated on all days and the crowd at the main stage before the subs was really small - last year it was big all day and main stage started much earlier too.

Really could not place what the difference was but if it was like this last year we would not have returned.

We might do it again one day, but other plans mean a couple of years off now.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Glad you enjoyed it - we found it had lost some of it's soul and good feeling this year compared to last.

Too many acts etc repeated on all days and the crowd at the main stage before the subs was really small - last year it was big all day and main stage started much earlier too.

Really could not place what the difference was but if it was like this last year we would not have returned.

We might do it again one day, but other plans mean a couple of years off now.

That sucks that you felt that way, tbh we knew the main stage was weak but we knew that going in and wanted to explore the rest. Selfishly, we thought that we had Glasto/Bluedot and have Sziget coming up for bands so a good opportunity to do other stuff.