Lovebox 2019

EllisPreston

Gonna go with The Streets and Chance as well - Can't think of many other acts that fit the vibe and are around!

I initially had a thought that maybe Disclosure would have done it, but they don't seem to have the live show up and running again yet (and quite possibly would have suited Lovebox a few years back rather than now).

8 hours ago, EllisPreston said:

What are people thinking the lineup for Lovebox 2019 is going to be? Haven't seen a forum for this year and with most festivals lineups already out would be interesting to see peoples predictions on it...

Hopes:

KSG/FRANK OCEAN/TRIPPIE REDD/BROCKHAMPTON/VINCE STAPLES/THE WEEKND

the only artists i can see there out of these artists is Brockhampton and Vince Staples

but i can only go the Saturday (hoping for a great lineup)

14 hours ago, TGCarr said:

I honestly had ASAP Rocky & KSG.

But can't see that in the slightest now. Kid Cudi could be a possibility 

Id love it to be kid cudi but hes not come over to the uk since 2009 and i dont see why this year would be any different (unless kids see ghosts tours )

8 hours ago, Josh Armstrong said:

Hopes:

KSG/FRANK OCEAN/TRIPPIE REDD/BROCKHAMPTON/VINCE STAPLES/THE WEEKND

the only artists i can see there out of these artists is Brockhampton and Vince Staples

but i can only go the Saturday (hoping for a great lineup)

I was honestly praying for a KSG headliner but i also cant see that happening. I think whilst Brockhampton are in Europe on that weekend they may already be doing other festivals(?)

48 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Gunna go with a top 5 for each day of:

The Streets, Mark Ronson, Solange, AJ Tracey, Stefflon Don

Chance the Rapper, Disclosure DJ, Janelle Monáe, Vince Staples, Brockhampton

Solange would surely headline now. Monae too - she’s headlining Wembley Arena two weeks earlier. Vince Staples played this last year and I don’t think they’d be sharing acts with Wireless either.

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

Fka twigs

Decent shout. She has to be somewhere.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Solange would surely headline now. Monae too - she’s headlining Wembley Arena two weeks earlier. Vince Staples played this last year and I don’t think they’d be sharing acts with Wireless either.

Solange is headlining the third stage at Parklife though. I know Parklife is usually pretty stacked, but don't think third down is out of the question.

Fair on Janelle, I used the logic that she's headlining West Holts this year and so are Wu-Tang, who played third at Lovebox last year.

Didn't know Vince was playing Wireless either so yeah take him out.

FKA Twigs is a good shout too yeah, fully expect her to be there.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Solange is headlining the third stage at Parklife though. I know Parklife is usually pretty stacked, but don't think third down is out of the question.

Fair on Janelle, I used the logic that she's headlining West Holts this year and so are Wu-Tang, who played third at Lovebox last year.

Didn't know Vince was playing Wireless either so yeah take him out.

FKA Twigs is a good shout too yeah, fully expect her to be there.

Yup but I mean, so is Christine and the Queens isn’t she? And look what she’s up to in London. Parklife is just much bigger than this. Plus, Solange already headlined second stage here on the last album.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Decent shout. She has to be somewhere.

Vince Staples isnt at wireless this year

Really hoping for a solid line up this year like last years so personally can't see Kids See Ghosts happening but I can see Kid Cudi doing it and that would be pretty insane plus I think Chance The Rapper could be a possibility  but so could The Streets That would also be pretty insane however The Streets would need a pretty big undercard. 

Top 5 Each Day 

The Streets // Gucci Gang (Smokepurpp, Lil Pump, Gucci Mane) // Khalid // A-Trak // Anime 

Kid Cudi // Disclosure // Brockhampton // James Blake // Two Feet // 

6 hours ago, Zacko said:

The Streets and Groove Armada both on the Boomtown lineup (and not listed as exclusives I don't think?), surely gotta be likely. 

Never gonna happen but how good would Sade be? 

This is true. Lovebox doesn’t really attract a festival-type crowd either, so it’s not like Lovebox goers would sack-off seeing The Streets in favour of seeing them at Boomtown 

On 2/5/2019 at 12:43 PM, ironmike8 said:

Are people basing their Chance predictions on anything in particular or is it more hopeful? Saw him at the Radio 1Xtra thing in Sept 18 and I was so excited, but I think the crowd let him down a bit. Would be good to see him somewhere that more people know his stuff.

He's touring Europe at the time. Germany the day before it starts, Holland the day after it finishes. It genuinely wouldn't make sense for him not to play.

Yeah the crowd looked atrocious at that thing. And he was the headliner too, right? His voice seemed hella off too - I remember he sounded like a different guy to his chorus track, so hopefully with some practice that would be sorted (or hopefully it was just how it seemed on telly).

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

He's touring Europe at the time. Germany the day before it starts, Holland the day after it finishes. It genuinely wouldn't make sense for him not to play.

Yeah the crowd looked atrocious at that thing. And he was the headliner too, right? His voice seemed hella off too - I remember he sounded like a different guy to his chorus track, so hopefully with some practice that would be sorted (or hopefully it was just how it seemed on telly).

It was so bad. Just nothing about that show worked (well except Pusha T).

Thankfully I had seen Chance before in Brixton so I know how much better he can be.