2019 Recommendations

OFWGKTA

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Traher666 said:

Both Puppy and Pup are well worth seeing. 

Yo I listened to that Puppy song that Steve posted and thought "huh this is quite good, I thought these guys sucked, maybe I'm thinking of Pup" and listened to Pup and they were possibly better. Maybe I was thinking of Dappy.

Press Club are a great punk band who have just brought out their debut album and I rate it really highly. Awesome female vocalist. 

Higher Power are a British hardcore band for fans of Turnstile (so much fun). 

Puppy are so, so great. They’re just a riff machine with some super catchy melodies too. 

PUP are just wonderful. I highly recommend ‘The Dream Is Over’ album. It’s so great.

Blood Youth have just released an album called Starve that is different to anything they’ve ever done before. It’s straight up Nu Metal worship that sounds so much like Slipknot and KoRn in places so it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but if you like / liked Nu Metal, you’ll love it. They sound more like old sloop KoRn than KoRn themselves have for a really long time. 

Milk Teeth have a new album on the way and are finally getting their dues with a Main Stage slot. Check out Vile Child album and the Be Nice / Go Away EPs. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 2

+1 on the PUP and Higher Power.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Press Club are a great punk band who have just brought out their debut album and I rate it really highly. Awesome female vocalist. 

Was going to check them out but then I recognised the album cover and it turns out I've already listened to them before so thanks for reminding that they exist :lol:. But they're great, kind of a mix between Iron Chic, Camp Cope and Spielbergs which I can totally get behind.

I wrote a blog post about this if anyone fancies checking that out. 

https://theauxcord77.wordpress.com/2019/02/23/10-artists-you-need-to-see-at-reading-leeds-fest-2019/

Also suggest Bakar, a bit like early Jamie T with a bit of Bloc Party and some post punk grooves in there as well. Think one of their songs was on Fifa 19? 

Edited by TheAuxCord

Basement are sick I’m sure a lot of you are probably aware of them already but deffo try and catch them.

https://youtu.be/lK_mT-XKe48

Ocean Alley are a really cool Australian band that I’ve discovered recently. Not exactly the same but if you like bands like Pond and Sticky Fingers you’ll like em

https://youtu.be/PGGjXdlbW58

11 hours ago, justanothername said:

+1 on the PUP and Higher Power.

Was going to check them out but then I recognised the album cover and it turns out I've already listened to them before so thanks for reminding that they exist :lol:. But they're great, kind of a mix between Iron Chic, Camp Cope and Spielbergs which I can totally get behind.

Yeah I got big Camp Cope vibes. Looking forward to seeing them. 

Doing a playlist again this year, one song from most of the acts (the ones I can tolerate lol)

From the new acts I've found I'm really enjoying Himalayas (a pretty energetic garage/indie band), Dream State (heavier paramore), Sophie & The Giants (reminds me of Foals for some reason?), Honey Dijon (Disco) and Ocean Alley (funky stuff that won the Triple J Hot 100 this year).

Also go see Dimension (DnB), King Princess (Indie Pop w/ Mark Ronson on production), AJ Tracey (Fuckin love his new album), Charli XCX (if you're lucky you'll get a lot of Pop2 and N1A) and CHVRCHES (were fantastic in Nottingham a month ago, despite their new album being crap)

• Upvote 1

The Chats - Already been mentioned but they're fucking brilliant, 

More obviously - Royal Blood is a must see if you haven't already

Ghostemane and Of Mice and Men in the pit is a nice way to spend Saturday evening

AJ Tracey - missed out on his set last year coz of slaves/kings of leon, will def catch him this year

Black Honey - pretty cool indie rock band from Brighton, pretty catchy songs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...