Which area has the most success on ticket day?

DrWackadoodle

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'll be blowed if I can find the thread.

Where in the UK has the most success come ticket/re-sale day?  If indeed there is such a postcode lottery?

I'm sure we're all aware of that gang that always get tickets (and good for them), is it due to their IP address, their physical address or are the just blessed?

Anyway, answers please on a postcard of the back of a sealed envelope to:

I want to go to Glastonbury please

I'll be good honest

I'll just sit at the back and not get in anyone's way*

I guess you know this but..

There's no postcode lottery as such, or favouring of areas, or international customers, etc.

That group that always gets tickets? I'd suspect they've just nailed down the process better than others - make sure everyone understands as much as possible, throw as much resource (people) as you can at it, and basically make it a numbers game.

1 hour ago, DrWackadoodle said:

I'm sure we're all aware of that gang that always get tickets (and good for them), is it due to their IP address, their physical address or are the just blessed?

A mixture of being blessed by the ticket gods and being organised.

I think the most important things to improve your chances are:

• Have a stable connection to the internet and a variety of devices which are consistently refreshing.  
  • Making sure that all of your groups details are correct, readily at hand,  and ensuring that there's no conflicts between bookings if more than one of your group gets past the landing page.
  • Sacrifices and offerings to the Gods
  • limitless hope.

In a way, I'm glad that there's not a 'hack' or a way to game the system (outside of having a very organised group).  It keeps it as fair as possible and ensures that people who've never gone before stand an equal chance of experiencing Glastonbury.  Of course it is devastating if you don't get a ticket but if you're determined enough, you will find a way in.

• Like 1

No worries.  

If you are willing to do anything to get to Glastonbury, volunteering is probably the easiest way in.  It does change your experience of the festival but that isn't necessarily a bad thing depending on who you volunteer for. 

The volunteering options thread is probably your best resource for that but I'd act quick as predictably, there is a lot of competition for places.

Best of luck if you're trying in the resale.  All I can suggest is to make sure you are organised well ahead, with all of the booking info you'll need as accessible as possible to minimise delays and errors.  The rest is in the hands of The Gods

It's just luck I guess. I've only missed out twice 13 in the resale and 14 in both main sale and resale. 2017 I was successful in the coach sale but my group who insisted on waiting for the general sale missed out and we had 6 of us trying in both sale and resale. This year I got the first 6 in and then another friend got the last two of our party in. Sadly it is the most infuriating day of the year, but I think at least it is fair.