Glastocast

Mattymooz

On 10/3/2019 at 4:05 PM, Hotchilidog said:

Listening to this now. It's fabulous. The downside is that my anxiety levels for this evening are at chronically high levels, I just want to be back down on the farm soooo bad!!!

How did you do? Fingers crossed we'll see you in the fields! Thanks for the feedback :)

On 10/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, fatyeti24 said:

I'm allowing myself to listen to the latest installment now I know I'm going in 2020! Good to have you back guys, I hope you were successful this T-Day.  Podcasting about Glastonbury might be somewhat different in you weren't.

I think a lot of people were waiting too! So glad you got tickets. As @Lubic87 said we were all three very lucky! Imagine if two of us were and one wasn't! I don't think I'd cope! ? 

8 minutes ago, WheresMyTent said:

How did you do? Fingers crossed we'll see you in the fields! Thanks for the feedback :)

I'm in! I can now indulge myself by relistening to S1 and look forward to more episodes in S2. I think you have weaved your way into the fabric of the annual build-up. An essential listen for glasto-obsessives and newbies alike.

• 3 months later...

I came across these podcasts a couple of days ago, published in 2018 with interviews and info from 2017, pretty good I thought though I've only found 2 episodes. The 1st one has an interview with Billy Bragg and the 2nd with a few people from T&C

http://traffic.libsyn.com/beyondthepyramid/First_Glasto_Podcast.mp3?dest-id=741718

http://traffic.libsyn.com/beyondthepyramid/Circus_Glasto_Podcast_mixdown_01_online-audio-converter.com1.mp3?dest-id=741718

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 5:23 PM, Gnomicide said:

I came across these podcasts a couple of days ago, published in 2018 with interviews and info from 2017, pretty good I thought though I've only found 2 episodes. The 1st one has an interview with Billy Bragg and the 2nd with a few people from T&C

http://traffic.libsyn.com/beyondthepyramid/First_Glasto_Podcast.mp3?dest-id=741718

http://traffic.libsyn.com/beyondthepyramid/Circus_Glasto_Podcast_mixdown_01_online-audio-converter.com1.mp3?dest-id=741718

Beyond the Pyramid was done by a lovely gent called Sean! He’s hoping to record more episodes this year :)

We actually had him as a guest on our latest episode that just went live, all about festival volunteering! Brilliant guy and part of the Recycling Team!

Crikey, I had no idea about Glastocast exists. You've been going for a year now.

I am making another G overlay and its taking me hours and hours, I thought I would search Google Podcasts for Glastonbury and your Glastocast came up! I'm binge listening while I work starting from your first episode, it's really entertaining to listen to like minded people Glastobating. Roll on June.

Great Podcast - thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Staberinde said:

Crikey, I had no idea about Glastocast exists. You've been going for a year now.

I am making another G overlay and its taking me hours and hours, I thought I would search Google Podcasts for Glastonbury and your Glastocast came up! I'm binge listening while I work starting from your first episode, it's really entertaining to listen to like minded people Glastobating. Roll on June.

Great Podcast - thanks for sharing 

Hi! Thanks for your post, so glad you're loving the podcast. We wish we could be doing this full time! Stay tuned for more episodes :)

1 hour ago, GlastoCast said:

Hi! Thanks for your post, so glad you're loving the podcast. We wish we could be doing this full time! Stay tuned for more episodes :)

How many episodes are you planning on putting out before the festival and have you got any ideas for those upcoming episodes? Really enjoy listening, keep up the good work 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

How many episodes are you planning on putting out before the festival and have you got any ideas for those upcoming episodes? Really enjoy listening, keep up the good work 👍🏻

Hi Luke, we're trying to put an episode plan together to see what we can achieve. It's going to come down to when we all have enough time to meet up. Annoyingly only two of us live in London, and we all have very hectic schedules. We'll do our absolute best! 

We're hoping to do a few more 'area specific' episodes, like the one we put up where we interviewed Paul from Glade/Avalon, and Theo from the Green Fields Info Tent. Currently trying to get in touch with people. On the more immediate horizon is an episode on food traders, and hopefully one with musicians too. If you have any suggestions, we'd love to hear them!

Edited by GlastoCast
  • Upvote 1

"Only two of us live in London"

That gives me the impression you are all in the same room when you cast. Can't you use some kind of audio software and and chat from your respective homes while recording the cast?

Have you ever thought about a live stream on Twitch when your listeners can ask you questions live in chat?

Or am I hoping for to much to soon ;)

25 minutes ago, GlastoCast said:

Hi Luke, we're trying to put an episode plan together to see what we can achieve. It's going to come down to when we all have enough time to meet up. Annoyingly only two of us live in London, and we all have very hectic schedules. We'll do our absolute best! 

We're hoping to do a few more 'area specific' episodes, like the one we put up where we interviewed Paul from Glade/Avalon, and Theo from the Green Fields Info Tent. Currently trying to get in touch with people. On the more immediate horizon is an episode on food traders, and hopefully one with musicians too. If you have any suggestions, we'd love to hear them!

If you have any thoughts on that band I can put you in touch with a band that played John Peel a few years back ... very friendly Taunton based and on the rise up though the ranks ... October drift ... DM me if you think they might be suitable 

31 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

"Only two of us live in London"

That gives me the impression you are all in the same room when you cast. Can't you use some kind of audio software and and chat from your respective homes while recording the cast?

Have you ever thought about a live stream on Twitch when your listeners can ask you questions live in chat?

Or am I hoping for to much to soon ;)

Our first 5 or so episodes were all recorded with us in the same room. As we were starting up (and all brand new to podcasting!) there's a lot to be said for being able to look in each other's eyes when we we were recording! It meant we could easily signal when we had something to add. As time went on, we got better (but still aren't perfect!) in respect to not talking over each other. We remote recorded our podcast with Media Manager Paul from the Glade. The sound quality is definitely not the same, despite us trialling so many different options. Essentially, if we can, we try to record in person all in the same room. It flows better, our chat feels more real, and the audio is much improved. But if that doesn't work out (or if we're doing interviews with people from all over the country) we go down the remote recording route :)

A Twitch stream would be awesome! Wonder if we have the listenership for it? Imagine if we did one from the overnight queue party the night before the festival ;)

The schedule clashing problem still exists even with remote recording though! As Rob works in the emergency services and Miguel in hospitality, so they don't work within usual office hours, whereas I (Jessi) do! Always difficult to find a time to suit us all!

Edited by GlastoCast
added a bit at the bottom about schedules

53 minutes ago, GlastoCast said:

Our first 5 or so episodes were all recorded with us in the same room. As we were starting up (and all brand new to podcasting!) there's a lot to be said for being able to look in each other's eyes when we we were recording! It meant we could easily signal when we had something to add. As time went on, we got better (but still aren't perfect!) in respect to not talking over each other. We remote recorded our podcast with Media Manager Paul from the Glade. The sound quality is definitely not the same, despite us trialling so many different options. Essentially, if we can, we try to record in person all in the same room. It flows better, our chat feels more real, and the audio is much improved. But if that doesn't work out (or if we're doing interviews with people from all over the country) we go down the remote recording route :)

A Twitch stream would be awesome! Wonder if we have the listenership for it? Imagine if we did one from the overnight queue party the night before the festival ;)

The schedule clashing problem still exists even with remote recording though! As Rob works in the emergency services and Miguel in hospitality, so they don't work within usual office hours, whereas I (Jessi) do! Always difficult to find a time to suit us all!

It can be a bit of a hassle, but as far as I'm aware "the way" to get over the quality issue is for the remote interviewees to be also taking a local recording of their part as well as speaking to you over the phone/skype/pickyourVOIP. They then send you over their audio file and you combine it together to produce a final master that has "in the room" quality for all participants.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 hour ago, GlastoCast said:

Just listening to the volunteer podcast, its a good listen

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It can be a bit of a hassle, but as far as I'm aware "the way" to get over the quality issue is for the remote interviewees to be also taking a local recording of their part as well as speaking to you over the phone/skype/pickyourVOIP. They then send you over their audio file and you combine it together to produce a final master that has "in the room" quality for all participants.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

It's something we've trialled. But Miguel is a big audiophile and still prefers in person. But we'll keep trialling things for our future remote recordings! Thanks for the tip.

Ive read all the above replies from my last post. Fascinating stuff. I'm guessing you'll cast the way you're comfortable with GlastoCast so just keep up the good work.

If you widely advertised it around the interweb on all your social media etc, for one Glastocast Twitch Stream special - say the middle of June - I reckon you'll have a good crowd tune in, so many people will be super hyped by then.