Glastocast

Mattymooz

1 hour ago, WheresMyTent said:

I completely agree Doug! Surprised Worthy FM hadn't started one at the very least!

We all wish we could give up our jobs and do this full time... we could honestly chat about Glasto all day every day. We can dream...!

Very enjoyable - will you be doing one on food and also one on favorite night time spots? 

42 minutes ago, Divein said:

I cant remember if I've posted about this but I really like the podcasts so far. It's a good balance of information, stories and some good laughs

It's sometimes a bit of a worry with stuff like this that it's going to be information overload and it all ends up a bit square. But it's nice to have people talking about the festival who have a good balance between seeing bands and partying after hours if that makes sense.

I think it was good to hear @WheresMyTent say she exists on about 4 hours sleep a night and Miguel even less. Sounds much like my own festival. 

This is good to hear, we were worried to start with maybe we were a bit *too* party hard! But thought it was best to be honest! See you in the SE Corner? ?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, WheresMyTent said:

New episode just came out! As always your feedback would be greatly received! Links here:

iTunes

Google Podcasts

Spotify

Soundcloud

Stitcher

Pocket Casts

This was my favourite episode far, really got me excited.

Enjoyed you talking about favourite areas and gigs from years gone by.

Would be really good to do some stuff on the Glastonbury ‘hidden gems’ or the regular Glastonbury acts that pop up every year on the smaller stages

4 hours ago, dccool said:

Listened to them all led in the sun over the weekend. Didn't think I'd enjoy them as much as I did really got me excited.

How many are you doing @WheresMyTent would love to have a few after the festival to ease the come down!

Hi @dccool! We don’t plan on stopping but as we mentioned, with full time jobs we have to find time around those! There’s so much to talk about, who knows where it will go! 

There will definitely be some after the festival! We’re hoping to record some snippets while we’re there too!

Thanks for listening, it means the world!

Well done, guys. These podcasts have been amazing. They've not only filled a gap but done so brilliantly.

I'm looking forward to the next season, which can hopefully take us through the Glastonbury year, starting with the 2019 debrief, onto talking about ticket day, etc. - that would be brilliant.

Also really looking forward to hearing from others as well. Whenever any listeners have contributed, it's strengthened that sense of a Glastonbury community, spread out and unknown to each other for 360 days a year, but friends who all come together to enjoy the music, food, company and atmosphere for the other 5.

Would also be fun to consider a Glastocast meet on the Wed/Thurs, perhaps next year now. I'm a fan of anything that brings people together.

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 8:43 AM, WheresMyTent said:

Thanks again and please do keep the feedback coming! Episode 2 should be out this weekend!

Just listened to Episode 1 on the way home...learnt nothing (to be expected as this one was aimed at newbies), agreed with everything, felt like I was in the studio with you and loved every minute...can't wait for tomorrows journey home...tremendous work ?

8 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

These have been great, I've very much enjoyed listening to them- thank you for doing them! 

No thank you for listening! Honestly when we started we thought we’d be broadcasting to an empty room. We’re so glad you enjoyed them!

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Well done, guys. These podcasts have been amazing. They've not only filled a gap but done so brilliantly.

I'm looking forward to the next season, which can hopefully take us through the Glastonbury year, starting with the 2019 debrief, onto talking about ticket day, etc. - that would be brilliant.

Also really looking forward to hearing from others as well. Whenever any listeners have contributed, it's strengthened that sense of a Glastonbury community, spread out and unknown to each other for 360 days a year, but friends who all come together to enjoy the music, food, company and atmosphere for the other 5.

Would also be fun to consider a Glastocast meet on the Wed/Thurs, perhaps next year now. I'm a fan of anything that brings people together.

Hi @kalifire! Some great suggestions! We’re currently hoping to have some guests on for series 2 talking about the different areas of the festival. Our first few keen volunteers hail from the Glade area, and also the Green Fields. 

Your suggestion of a debrief and build up to ticket day is very valid though! We’ll definitely be turning those into multiple episodes.

As for a meet-up, maybe a “GlastoCast” one in 2020, but this year I know Miguel and myself have said we’ll pop along to the Efests meet if you’d have us... Rob can be a wildcard but we’ll do our best to drag him along too haha. 

7 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

Just listened to Episode 1 on the way home...learnt nothing (to be expected as this one was aimed at newbies), agreed with everything, felt like I was in the studio with you and loved every minute...can't wait for tomorrows journey home...tremendous work ?

Aww this made me smile! So glad you enjoyed. I might be biased but I will say I think they get better as they go along. Episode 1 sounds cringey to me now as we had all never done anything like it before! I think we found our stride a bit into episodes 2-3. Thanks so much for listening.