Glastocast

Mattymooz

Episode 2 went live this morning! 

I think I mentioned this, but our plan for the first 6 episodes is essentially a "Newbie's Guide" but hopefully with enough fun chatter to keep veterans happy too. Then we'll move onto season 2 - and be discussing line ups, different areas, glasto history, the environment, volunteering/working... etc. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Also if you want to record a clip of yourself telling a little story/top tip, please do so and email it to me: jessi@glastocast.co.uk - Or alternatively you can call our hotline ( ;) ) and leave us a message - we'll receive it as an mp3 clip we can use in the show! How clever is that...  020 3807 7081

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WheresMyTent said:

I think I mentioned this, but our plan for the first 6 episodes is essentially a "Newbie's Guide" but hopefully with enough fun chatter to keep veterans happy too. Then we'll move onto season 2 - and be discussing line ups, different areas, glasto history, the environment, volunteering/working... etc. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Also if you want to record a clip of yourself telling a little story/top tip, please do so and email it to me: jessi@glastocast.co.uk - Or alternatively you can call our hotline ( ;) ) and leave us a message - we'll receive it as an mp3 clip we can use in the show! How clever is that...  020 3807 7081

Another enjoyable listen guys - looking forward to the next episode!

3 hours ago, WheresMyTent said:

sterling work

I have to say you sound exactly the same as I imagine you would sound if that makes sense , i sound like a 14 year old boy when i hear myself, shame i look like an 85 year old man

14 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

sterling work

I have to say you sound exactly the same as I imagine you would sound if that makes sense , i sound like a 14 year old boy when i hear myself, shame i look like an 85 year old man

Ahahaha I'm not sure if that's a good thing!?? I usually hate the sound of my own voice! Since doing the podcast I've sort of got used to it however... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 7:35 PM, zico martin said:

No episode this week?

No external input (tweets and emails)?

Still only 30 minutes long?

Disappointed now after a promising start, and at the repeated encouragement to check your website for the rest/ better stuff :(

Hi Zico,

We've recorded Episode 4 and are editing it together as we speak. It's taking a little longer as we have external input to add in this time, we have recordings from a few people to add in, and tweets to read out etc! So yes this next episode will be the first to show how we plan to get people involved going forward! 

We originally planned for one episode a month between January and the festival, those first 6 episodes being a guide for newbies, and then we would have spontaneous mini episodes in between if we had time. However we've enjoyed it so much and it's been so well received that we've accelerated the schedule massively. Episode 4 will be out ASAP. We're recording Episode 5 very shortly too so will be putting calls out on social media for any input from listeners we can get for that one.

We're going as fast as we can, all 3 of us have full time jobs (Rob's is especially demanding as he's a fireman!). We hope that going forward we'll be putting out at least two episodes a month but this is dependent on finding time, sadly! We plan to run this year round though, and have all said we want to make this ongoing. I hope you'll forgive our slowness! 

Do email me if you have an amazing Glasto story to tell. For Episode 5 we'll be talking about things to do on the Weds & Thurs before the music 'really starts', so if you have something related to this, here's a heads up on how to get your voice heard before I've asked on social ;) jessi@glastocast.co.uk

Jessi

• Upvote 4

On 2/25/2019 at 5:00 PM, WheresMyTent said:

Hi Zico,

We've recorded Episode 4 and are editing it together as we speak. It's taking a little longer as we have external input to add in this time, we have recordings from a few people to add in, and tweets to read out etc! So yes this next episode will be the first to show how we plan to get people involved going forward! 

We originally planned for one episode a month between January and the festival, those first 6 episodes being a guide for newbies, and then we would have spontaneous mini episodes in between if we had time. However we've enjoyed it so much and it's been so well received that we've accelerated the schedule massively. Episode 4 will be out ASAP. We're recording Episode 5 very shortly too so will be putting calls out on social media for any input from listeners we can get for that one.

We're going as fast as we can, all 3 of us have full time jobs (Rob's is especially demanding as he's a fireman!). We hope that going forward we'll be putting out at least two episodes a month but this is dependent on finding time, sadly! We plan to run this year round though, and have all said we want to make this ongoing. I hope you'll forgive our slowness! 

Do email me if you have an amazing Glasto story to tell. For Episode 5 we'll be talking about things to do on the Weds & Thurs before the music 'really starts', so if you have something related to this, here's a heads up on how to get your voice heard before I've asked on social ;) jessi@glastocast.co.uk

Jessi

Are we going to get Ep4 before or after the poster drop? ?

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2019 at 7:35 PM, zico martin said:

No episode this week?

No external input (tweets and emails)?

Still only 30 minutes long?

Disappointed now after a promising start, and at the repeated encouragement to check your website for the rest/ better stuff :(

Episode 4 was definitely delayed so sorry about that, but we do now tick the other boxes! External input and 55 mins long :) 

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

I see the latest episode of this went up today, talking about where to camp. I'm sitting back with a glass of wine on a Friday evening in Australia, taking a listen. Lovely stuff. Would be great to contribute with an experience of travelling 10k miles (and back) for the festival - I wonder if anyone from the cast is around, how to go about doing that? Perhaps drop me a PM.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I see the latest episode of this went up today, talking about where to camp. I'm sitting back with a glass of wine on a Friday evening in Australia, taking a listen. Lovely stuff. Would be great to contribute with an experience of travelling 10k miles (and back) for the festival - I wonder if anyone from the cast is around, how to go about doing that? Perhaps drop me a PM.

Calling @WheresMyTent

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Hi @kalifire! Thanks so much for listening and for your interest! We’d love to hear from you, we’re planning season 2 and will be featuring lots more guests! Send me an email: jessi@glastocast.co.uk and we can chat! ☺️

I was wondering when the next episode of this was going to drop so that will sort my commute home from work tonight. I'm surprised there aren't more podcasts about Glastonbury really as i'd probably find myself listening to those too. 

53 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I was wondering when the next episode of this was going to drop so that will sort my commute home from work tonight. I'm surprised there aren't more podcasts about Glastonbury really as i'd probably find myself listening to those too. 

I completely agree Doug! Surprised Worthy FM hadn't started one at the very least!

We all wish we could give up our jobs and do this full time... we could honestly chat about Glasto all day every day. We can dream...!

I cant remember if I've posted about this but I really like the podcasts so far. It's a good balance of information, stories and some good laughs

It's sometimes a bit of a worry with stuff like this that it's going to be information overload and it all ends up a bit square. But it's nice to have people talking about the festival who have a good balance between seeing bands and partying after hours if that makes sense.

I think it was good to hear @WheresMyTent say she exists on about 4 hours sleep a night and Miguel even less. Sounds much like my own festival.