Glastocast

Mattymooz

57 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Do you know what happened to me this morning? I walked downstairs to find that there was a major sewerage problem within the house ie raw sewerage in the ground floor shower room and kitchen. The water company have just sent their blokes out to deal with it. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I wasn't in the best of moods. You three have just put a much needed smile on my face. Thank you.  :)

Pyramid Longdrop Odor Practise...or:

P.L.O.P.

1 hour ago, warriormonk said:

Peeps could record Glasto anecdotes on their mobile phones and send them in.  Sound quality on phone mics is normally pretty good as long as people don't it too close in (and don't fidget!).  Also quality is dependent on the apps people use.  Some are voice memo type with low sample rate i.e. sound shit.  Free version of iRig app is pretty good.    

I forgot to say in my original reply! We actually have a phone line set up for this! You can record clips for us and we might use them on the show! (As long as they’re not explicit!)

Leave us a message on this number and we’ll get the audio message emailed to us. Nifty eh?  +44(0)20 3807 7081

4 minutes ago, WheresMyTent said:

I forgot to say in my original reply! We actually have a phone line set up for this! You can record clips for us and we might use them on the show! (As long as they’re not explicit!)

Leave us a message on this number and we’ll get the audio message emailed to us. Nifty eh?  +44(0)20 3807 7081

Obviously the quality here won’t be excellent but we thought for little clips it would be fun! If we have guests on, we’ll invite them to join us face to face I think if we can.

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

@Wooderson needs to get his finger out ;)

I’ve still got the master tapes. I’m holding onto ‘em as my pension plan. I’ll be able to flog them for a fortune, a cross between Dylan’s basement tapes and that recording of the Quarrymen at a summer fete.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I'm game.

We might finally ascertain if @Gnomicide and The Thingy are the same person or not.

The Thingy celebrates black mass in the Stone Circle on the Tuesday night every year like the Scottish intro scene in Hellboy. Its his fault whenever it fucking rains.

9 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Think we need a regulars pod. Whatcha reckon.

Count me in. All joking aside, I thought what we did last time was pretty good, apart from the sound quality. The idea was good, the format was solid. 

I know a trick with getting phone/skype calls to sound good.  Basically everyone records their own copy of the audio locally and then you have the conversation as normal.  Then you send each individual file to the producer, who mixes all the files down together into a single, nice non-telephoney sounding audio file.