Glastocast

Mattymooz

First episode is up:

https://glastocast.co.uk/episode/episode-1-first-glastonbury/

What does everyone think? Its a great first episode. It feels a lil scripted (but that'll ease up when they get more comfortable with podcasting) and feels almost a bit radio showy (the "back to the studios and the music seemed a little out of place personally).

Excited to see where this goes tbh, loved hearing what their first Glasto was like (considering if I get resale tickets this'll be my first year) and also how much I envy how long it took to sell out in those earlier years

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I enjoyed that.

Having read this thread I'm half tempted to try a podcast myself. I've always subconsiously dismissed anything like that as I'd be worried about making a mistake but it has now actually occured to me that things have moved on and it doesn't have to go out live :) 

Know enough  people who like talking and might  contribute.

Hmmmm.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I enjoyed that.

Having read this thread I'm half tempted to try a podcast myself. I've always subconsiously dismissed anything like that as I'd be worried about making a mistake but it has now actually occured to me that things have moved on and it doesn't have to go out live :) 

Hmmmm.

Going off some of your posts on here,  your take on a history of Glastonbury podcast would be brilliant

27 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I enjoyed that.

Hmmmm.

You should absolutely do that. Your stories are some of the best reads on here. 

Hey all! What a surprise it was to see this thread! Thanks so much for sharing. Some great feedback here.

Sorry we were a little cheesy, it was our way of dealing with the nervousness! The second episode is much better :)

Yes hi it’s me, Jessi from wheresmytent.com *waves*

We were too so surprised that an ongoing podcast didn’t exist already. There is so much to talk about! We’d always encourage people to just jump in and do it! We luckily have a sound wizard in the form of Miguel that has all the equipment. But you can record straight from your usual headphones, it just won’t sound as clean. 

I know I’m not a regular poster here, just a lurker at best, but I’d love to get efestivals involved somehow in the future! If anyone has a great story to tell, or is particularly music obsessed, when the line up comes out we’d love to have you join an episode  or two with us! We’re london based. Do send me an email if you’re interested! jessi@glastocast.co.uk

Thanks again and please do keep the feedback coming! Episode 2 should be out this weekend!

Edited by WheresMyTent
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, WheresMyTent said:

Hey all! What a surprise it was to see this thread! Thanks so much for sharing. Some great feedback here.

Sorry we were a little cheesy, it was our way of dealing with the nervousness! The second episode is much better :)

We were too so surprised that an ongoing podcast didn’t exist already. There is so much to talk about! We’d always encourage people to just jump in and do it! We luckily have a sound wizard in the form of Miguel that has all the equipment. But you can record straight from your usual headphones, it just won’t sound as clean. 

I know I’m not a regular poster here, just a lurker at best, but I’d love to get efestivals involved somehow in the future! If anyone has a great story to tell, or is particularly music obsessed, when the line up comes out we’d love to have you join an episode  or two with us! We’re london based. Do send me an email if you’re interested! jessi@glastocast.co.uk

Thanks again and please do keep the feedback coming! Episode 2 should be out this weekend!

Get @Sawdusty Surfer on!!!

It is good, I enjoyed it. But like most Glastonbury obsessives here . I could talk / listen to people talk about Glastonbury all day long.

every obsessive here has the knack of turning any conversation around the Glastonbury

more of this pod cast please 

16 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I enjoyed that.

Hmmmm.

Going to echo some of the above sentiment and agree with others that you have many stories worth telling. I very much enjoy your posts on here and would definitely listen to your version of The Glastonbury Tales in podcast form.

Do you know what happened to me this morning? I walked downstairs to find that there was a major sewerage problem within the house ie raw sewerage in the ground floor shower room and kitchen. The water company have just sent their blokes out to deal with it. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I wasn't in the best of moods. You three have just put a much needed smile on my face. Thank you.  :)

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, WheresMyTent said:

Peeps could record Glasto anecdotes on their mobile phones and send them in.  Sound quality on phone mics is normally pretty good as long as people don't it too close in (and don't fidget!).  Also quality is dependent on the apps people use.  Some are voice memo type with low sample rate i.e. sound shit.  Free version of iRig app is pretty good.