How Many Janet Jackson Songs Could You Name?

The Placid Casual

How Many Janet Jackson Songs Could You Name?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Janet Jackson Songs Could You Name?

• That one with Michael Jackson with the really expensive video
    • 1 (not that one with MJ)
    • 2-3
    • 3-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-25
    • I've got a few of her albums
    • Her whole back catalogue! Get her booked!

2 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Do we just do this sort of thing for female artists?

Janet Jackson has a stonking back catalogue and her influence on so many pop artists that have come after her is undeniable.  The production on the Control and Rhythm Nation albums is insane.

Nah, don't think it's a female thing. Remember everyone asking their mum if she'd heard of Stormzy? If say John Mellencamp or Kenny Loggins were booked to play a top spot the same kind of thing would be said about them - although arguably their material is better known at this point. Truth is that while Janet Jackson was a major star at one point, I can't honestly say I've heard one of her songs played on the radio in 20 years.

17 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Janet Jackson has a stonking back catalogue and her influence on so many pop artists that have come after her is undeniable.  The production on the Control and Rhythm Nation albums is insane.

No need for the sexism implication really, very harsh. It's a fair question and the results prove it.

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's what the off button was for.

You had to keep watching to get to the songs and videos you were actually waiting to hear/see! Sometimes you'd get lucky watching ITV Chart Show and they'd forward the video you had no interest in, but it was a nerve racking few seconds waiting to find out- great feeling when "FWD>>" suddenly popped up, but a body blow to the gut when you  saw "play" and realised you were going to have to sit through the whole thing...

Edited by Mr.Tease

36 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Yeah, I just assumed she and her music was well known, I'm surprised at the reaction. Rhythm Nation is a good song and video

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

You had to keep watching to get to the songs and videos you were actually waiting to hear/see! Sometimes you'd get lucky watching ITV Chart Show and they'd forward the video you had no interest in, but it was a nerve racking few seconds waiting to find out- great feeling when "FWD>>" suddenly popped up, but a body blow to the gut when you realised you were going to have to sit through the whole thing...

I know, I was only yanking your chain. If I heard them, I'd probably recognise loads of her songs, the Mrs has a few of her albums.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I know, I was only yanking your chain. If I heard them, I'd probably recognise loads of her songs, the Mrs has a few of her albums.

I knew you were, but you triggered old traumatic memories of watching the ITV Chart Show, becoming enraged when they forwarded the vids you'd been waiting for and played the ones you couldn't;t take anymore!?