Jump to content
LastWaltz

Janet Jackson Headlining?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Kylie Minogue > Janet Jackson > George Ezra > The Cure.

 

I reckon.

Biggest crowd turnaround since Lana Del Rey > Robert Plant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nik Grimshaw revealing The Strokes are headlining or Lorraine Kelly revealing Janet Jackson is headlining. 

56201643afc806e69dfb2c71d296656f.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Kylie Minogue > Janet Jackson > George Ezra > The Cure.

 

I reckon.

Are any barrier demons gonna endure that to be front and centre for The Cure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Biggest crowd turnaround since Lana Del Rey > Robert Plant.

I was in the crowd coming in from elsewhere to see Robert Plant as well. I should've watched Lana and ditched the Plant in hindsight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

I was in the crowd coming in from elsewhere to see Robert Plant as well. I should've watched Lana and ditched the Plant in hindsight.

I saw the last 4 songs of Lana. My single worst Glastonbury experience. Plant was amazing.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

there's a piece in the sun today which says she's playing but which doesn't say headliner. I suspect Lorraine has let her imagination run wild.

Lots of light entertainment people with no knowledge of festivals throw out 'headlining' wrongly for big acts who are playing. I heard people say it about Kylie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I saw the last 4 songs of Lana. My single worst Glastonbury experience. Plant was amazing.

Made the right call then.

 

Metallica blew everyone away that day anyway, and I'm not even a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Janet straight after Kylie wouldn't be very sensible.   Janet is obviously a bigger star internationally but in the UK, Kylie's success has been on an entirely different level.   There would be a comparison between the 2 and Janet won't come off favourably.

I think Kylie - George Ezra - Janet Jackson - The Cure (or whoever) is an alright run tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RyanS said:

I think Janet straight after Kylie wouldn't be very sensible.   Janet is obviously a bigger star internationally but in the UK, Kylie's success has been on an entirely different level.   There would be a comparison between the 2 and Janet won't come off favourably.

I think Kylie - George Ezra - Janet Jackson - The Cure (or whoever) is an alright run tbh.

Yeah but George is far bigger over here.

 

Who knows how they'll work it though.

Edited by The Placid Casual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

The Jacksons played West Holts didn’t they? Wouldn’t she also?

hmmmm... more like a whisper on the wind than playing...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fellow Scot can I use the expression utter pish, to describe Lorraine’s comments. Maybe she is playing but not a headliner

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great example of how celebrities don’t give a shit about the difference between “playing” and “headlining”, it’s just something new to say to while away the hours of inane chatter.

Edited by Bradders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I left the house for work this morning to Piers Morgan ripping into Jermaine Jackson about MJ being a nonce and now this nugget drops?

What is happening!

 

 

i mean er what, croak, ribbet etc..

 

Edited by The Toad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet is a massive star and anything other than headlining wouldn't make sense to me (when we've already got the sunday legend locked in). That said, I've got one of her dvds and it's obvious she's miming along. I don't think glastonbury would invite the scrutiny no matter where the placement.

Interesting newsmaking in the light of a social media swell about her brother. Might just be easy PR from the jacko camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Padjeq said:

Janet is a massive star and anything other than headlining wouldn't make sense to me (when we've already got the sunday legend locked in). That said, I've got one of her dvds and it's obvious she's miming along. I don't think glastonbury would invite the scrutiny no matter where the placement.

Interesting newsmaking in the light of a social media swell about her brother. Might just be easy PR from the jacko camp.

She hasn't got the current mainstream appeal to headline, like Stormzy, or the massive following in this country due to hugely successful albums like Radiohead and not a huge heritage act that grants them automatic headline status like The Stones. Vast majority of headliners fall into at least one of these categories, usually 2, Janet doesn't fall into any. As has been said 3rd down on the Pyramid after Kylie makes the most sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I saw the last 4 songs of Lana. My single worst Glastonbury experience. Plant was amazing.

did you not see Ellie Goulding  shouting at everyone like an over enthusiastic aerobics instructor?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

And people thought The Strokes was bad?

They are.

I'd rather Janet any day, but preferably neither as headliner.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Placid Casual said:

Yeah but George is far bigger over here.

 

Who knows how they'll work it though.

 Would be one of them Ellie Goulding into Beck scenarios I guess. Then again apparently Janet Jackson is shit too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

 Would be one of them Ellie Goulding into Beck scenarios I guess. Then again apparently Janet Jackson is shit too.

Hope she does Loser - (Beck Cover) (Without Beck).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying really hard to think of a JJ song.... There was one with a video in a fairground, about 20 years ago..... I liked that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Becks12 said:

Trying really hard to think of a JJ song.... There was one with a video in a fairground, about 20 years ago..... I liked that one.

My favourite JJ song is "could bastille be there"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...