Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

2 minutes ago, jntsrb said:

She actually sang many songs that weren't even released as singles. Songs unknown to the general audience even in Asia or North America where they know almost every Janet's song.

Not one song from Velvet Rope which would reduce the amount of hits. It just ended up being a shortened version of the sets she did in Las Vegas. Maybe it was just easier to change the template that was already set instead of presenting something totally different.

33 minutes ago, jntsrb said:

Janet Jackson is trending at No. 1 on Twitter in the UK, and at No. 2 worldwide. Fantastic reviews by the Guardian (★★★★☆), NME (★★★★☆), and the Independent.

Oh she's certainly trending on Twitter, but not necessarily in a good way

Watching at home before I saw this thread and definitely thought she was mimeing a lot of the time. Still, I felt she put a fair bit of energy into the dancing and quite enjoyed it (I am not a Janet fan and only know perhaps one song). 

On 6/20/2019 at 9:47 PM, mazola said:

I love it when the super fans turn up, if @jntsrb wasn't posting then there'd be nothing to see here.

I doubt I'll be there, but I hope she smashes it.

I hate it when the super fans turn up, if @jntsrb hadn't posted then I would not have been tempted to see her.

I was there, and she was absolute shite.

• Upvote 1

Overnight viewing figures

3.0 million - Kylie Minogue , 18:00 BST Sunday, BBC One
1.4 million - The Killers , 21:00 Saturday, BBC Two
1.2 million - The Cure , 21:00 Sunday, BBC Two
1.1 million - Janet Jackson , 19:30 Saturday BBC Two
800,000 - Stormzy , 21:50 Friday, BBC Two

According to Spotify, Janet now has more listeners in London than in any other city.

Edited by jntsrb