Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

32 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

I'm really confused, like others here I can't think of anything particular she's done. But I know she's inexplicably popular in the states. In fact the only thing of hers I can think of is the boob thing from the not very good rugby.

You've done it now m8

2 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

I'm really confused, like others here I can't think of anything particular she's done. But I know she's inexplicably popular in the states. In fact the only thing of hers I can think of is the boob thing from the not very good rugby.

Screenshot_20190615-230946.png

On 6/15/2019 at 8:28 PM, sprocketrocket said:

You said she's inexplicably popular but you don't know anything about her. That makes no seance. You're judging by the lack of your knowledge, which is always a bad judgment. It would be like me saying that Noel is inexplicably popular in the UK, and I never heard any of his songs, and I don't even know how that man looks like. So how would I know if his popularity is explicable?

She is one of the most influential and innovative artists ever. The only reason she wasn't as big in Europe as in the States is she wasn't singing trash pop songs. But she still had greater success in Europe alone, than Kylie globally, which means she was huge in Europe too.

Edited by jntsrb
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Jay89 said:

WHOA!

How many artists invented a new music genre that was later followed by Michael Jackson and many other superstars? If there wasn't Janet's Control, we wouldn't get Michael's Bad. If there wasn't Janet's Rhythm Nation, we wouldn't get Michael's Dangerous... And so on. She influenced him much more than Michael ever influenced her. 

• Downvote 1

Rolling Stone:
How Michael and Janet Jackson Created the New Black Rock Star
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/how-michael-and-janet-jackson-created-the-new-black-rock-star-127762/

Billboard:
The School of Janet Jackson: Ten Songs From the 21st Century Modeled After Her Classics
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/bbma/8456481/janet-jackson-influences-10-modern-songs

The Guardian:
Wall humps! Crotch grabs! Why Janet Jackson’s Pleasure Principle is pop’s most influential video
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/05/why-janet-jackson-pleasure-principle-is-pops-most-influential-video

Pithcfork: Meanwhile Jackson’s sister Janet had recently delivered a hard-stomping R&B-pop classic in 1989’s Rhythm Nation 1814. Its influence on her older brother was so great that he even asked Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis to produce Dangerous. Out of loyalty to Janet, they turned him down.

The Guardian: (Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814) Its industrial-tinged, more hard-edged pop sound would go on to influence Michael Jackson’s subsequent album Dangerous, especially the single, Jam.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2015/jun/03/janet-jackson-10-of-the-best

Edited by jntsrb