Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

13 hours ago, jntsrb said:

Janet is currently the highest rated female artist on Pitchfork, leaving behind artists like Kate Bush, Björk and PJ Harvey.

Janet Jackson 8.2
Sade 8.1
Kate Bush 8.1
Janelle Monáe 8.1
Robyn 8.0
Solange 8.0

The average score of other female artists is below 8.0

Not sure this is true? FKA Twigs has an average of 8.4 so not sure where you're getting these figures from?

On 25 March 2019 at 3:20 PM, eFestivals said:

who's controlling that b-i-t schedule? I thought anyone could enter them?

You cannot edit the schedule. The artist puts the information to the site. Janet is on Saturday. She has her own page to edit and post as well as update her schedule (probably done by her team). It has to be enough to confirm her Saturday. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 12.18.22.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 12.18.34.png

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

You cannot edit the schedule. The artist puts the information to the site. Janet is on Saturday. She has her own page to edit and post as well as update her schedule (probably done by her team). It has to be enough to confirm her Saturday. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 12.18.22.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 12.18.34.png

Shit. Miley on Sunday then. My friend is going to be so pissed.....

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

The artist puts the information to the site. She has her own page to edit and post as well as update her schedule (probably done by her team). 

I much prefer the idea of Janet tirelessly slogging away on her laptop updating and editing all her online touring schedules...and then photoshopping the line up poster for LOLs on her Instagram.

15 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere already but she’s playing Montreux Jazz Festival on the Sunday so Saturday seems pretty certain now.

Am I misremembering or was Elton down for Sunday of this festival, as well as Saturday? The chief reason he was ruled out. Free as a bird Sunday, looking at that announcement! :lol:

On 4/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, Jamesthedrake said:

Not sure this is true? FKA Twigs has an average of 8.4 so not sure where you're getting these figures from?

I just checked and it's true. However, have in mind that they didn't rate Janet's albums they are prising the most, "Control" and "The Velvet Rope," yet, they reviewed one of her weakest albums, "Damita Jo." 

Edited by jntsrb

On 4/15/2019 at 1:39 PM, eFestivals said:

the info on it being wu-tang should be solid.

The Sun seemed to report she’d be on West Holts and delete it, so I’ve stumbled upon on Google via one of these spammy sites that copy Sun articles. At a guess they might have taken it down cos it was incorrect but not sure why they’d have put that in at all. Thought I’d mention...

1E01C231-1127-4166-BAD8-C9BD27DD3B4E.jpeg.5d18c9194cdb54eb73781c2ed05d3c04.jpeg

A01717C5-C2E1-47EE-BD1E-94CCD8527283.jpeg.6790d0b07d3933ba955df0f119269d01.jpeg

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Sun seemed to report she’d be on West Holts and delete it, so I’ve stumbled upon on Google via one of these spammy sites that copy Sun articles. At a guess they might have taken it down cos it was incorrect but not sure why they’d have put that in at all. Thought I’d mention...

like anything, that might be right. What I think I know is only as good as the info I get.

But I'd be particularly surprised if it was, as the Wu-tang info came from a source who's only ever been 100% correct over a few years now.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

like anything, that might be right. What I think I know is only as good as the info I get.

But I'd be particularly surprised if it was, as the Wu-tang info came from a source who's only ever been 100% correct over a few years now.

Yeah I’m definitely not expecting her to play it - just a thing I came across that might be interesting to people.

The Sun did initially say that she was Sunday iirc - which is definitely wrong, whatever stage - so wouldn’t be inclined to believe they have a solid scoop.

• 2 weeks later...