Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I mean this could flop. An act that isn’t really relevant in the U.K. coming over and miniming. I won’t be surprised if it’s one of those crowds where people are talking throughout the whole set.

We'll see. But there were similar reactions when she was announced as a headliner at several festivals in the USA in 2018. It ended up being all about her. Twitter was burning with positive comments and one of her performances at those festivals is the concert with the largest audience in 2018 in the USA. I believe in her and I know that many people have prejudices but I'm not worried about it. She's amazing live.

28 minutes ago, jntsrb said:

We'll see. But there were similar reactions when she was announced as a headliner at several festivals in the USA in 2018. It ended up being all about her. Twitter was burning with positive comments and one of her performances at those festivals is the concert with the largest audience in 2018 in the USA. I believe in her and I know that many people have prejudices but I'm not worried about it. She's amazing live.

Yeah she could kill it. I really don’t know anything about her she could be the underdog of the lineup.

seeing as most reactions to the lineup don’t seem to care whether she is there or not.

Put the 86-96 hits on for the journey home. Funny enough it's that New Jack sound that probably does it for me most. Certainly starting to remember more tunes.

Unlikely I'll be there, but seems legit to be on the big pointy bastard

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

reminds me a lot about a geezer who posted here a lot singing the wonders of Rod Stewart many years ago.

That geezer's IP traced back to an office involved in the management of Rod. Around the same time I got a call from as friend at GFL, asking me nicely if I'd list Rod as headliner, because he was threatening to pull out because he wasn't listed here as headliner.

Bizarre, and very very funny. :lol: 

Ha! I keep thinking of that poor c**t Jens Wildman. Your site attracts these single-issue voters from time to time Mr G.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah. The Tetrahedral Twat is one stage that demands a performance. Someone with a beautiful voice who's diffidently mumbling and staring at their shoes would be better off on the acoustic stage with all the chin-stroking real ale dads.

But you've got to have the vocal chops  for it. 

Just now, Quark said:

But you've got to have the vocal chops  for it. 

Dolly is the landmark case in this question. 

Former poster The Tony Bliars seemed to prove that she mimed by comparing the fucking soundwaves of her vocal tracks from various concerts a few weeks later.

I still dug the gig.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dolly is the landmark case in this question. 

Former poster The Tony Bliars seemed to prove that she mimed by comparing the fucking soundwaves of her vocal tracks from various concerts a few weeks later.

I still dug the gig.

It's March. Come June I'll be dancing like a tit to anything, so I might as well seem discerning while I can

Has anyone mimed at Glastonbury before (like is known to have or highly susoected). I think its really bad of a festival to allow miming, you either rock the place out or die on your shield for me. Any act miming can fuck right off. 

20 minutes ago, chatty said:

Has anyone mimed at Glastonbury before (like is known to have or highly susoected). I think its really bad of a festival to allow miming, you either rock the place out or die on your shield for me. Any act miming can fuck right off. 

Haven't been remotely interested in investigating myself but there has been talk that Dolly mimed. Dolly was on the farm and rocked out a performance that kept everyone happy. Good times. 

I've avoided this thread all day because I thought it would be full of irrelevant discussions about Michael Jackson and whether his paedo tendencies should be taken into account when booking his sister. 

But no! Janet's agent is here to teach us all about her influence on Oasis, how she invented at least 2 non existent musical genres and why she's headlining.

7 hours ago, jntsrb said:

I won't be replying here anymore on this topic. 

790934058_giphy(14).gif.79594aa087796e155ddd18d12bac84e5.gif

6 hours ago, jntsrb said:

Partly, she has complicated dance moves. But even that doesn't seem like that. Those vocals are pre-recorded and she has an amazing band. Sometimes she's 100% live, so this might be the case at the festival.

She partly mimes so she can dance about a bit? Sometimes she's 100% live? Fuck that shit.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nxgD_iYS_400x400.png

Arf.

All in all, I wish I'd called by sooner, comedy gold.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I've avoided this thread all day because I thought it would be full of irrelevant discussions about Michael Jackson and whether his paedo tendencies should be taken into account when booking his sister. 

But no! Janet's agent is here to teach us all about her influence on Oasis, how she invented at least 2 non existent musical genres and why she's headlining.

She partly mimes so she can dance about a bit? Sometimes she's 100% live? Fuck that shit.

Arf.

I like you. 

14 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Arf.

Brilliant.