Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

38 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well considering the documentary alleges that the family and MJ’s team have actively covered up his activities. To the general public they aren’t exactly in a good light right now

Ah ok, I obviously missed that in the documentary. I don't recall seeing and allegations towards Janet. It was hard to watch to be fair. 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Well considering the documentary alleges that the family and MJ’s team have actively covered up his activities. To the general public they aren’t exactly in a good light right now

Watched this last night and don't think there was any suggestion there was a cover up in anyway by anyone in his family? Certainly was suggested some of the people who worked for him were: his choreographer was one I think. 

I don't think the documentary affects her booking at all, unless there is some accusation of wrongdoing in her part that I completely missed. 

6 hours ago, marcwilson87 said:

Watched this last night and don't think there was any suggestion there was a cover up in anyway by anyone in his family? Certainly was suggested some of the people who worked for him were: his choreographer was one I think. 

I don't think the documentary affects her booking at all, unless there is some accusation of wrongdoing in her part that I completely missed. 

I’m gonna be careful how I word this but the Jackson family right now are ruined. Mere association right now will be enough to garner a petition as dental said.

also, despite the fact that there was no clear accusation towards the family. The reaction by his family has been seriously suspicious. 

I know that Michael was not convicted or found guilty of anything. But I strongly believe that Michael was a peadophile, whether he acted on it or not I do not know how you could watch that documentary and deny it. Obviously when it becomes clear that there has been a mechanism to conceal information from the public attention is going to turn onto the family for looking like they were a secondary party. It’s just the way the media works these days.

collateral damage in media nowadays is something pretty silly to deny.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So Janet - who has generally conducted her business separately from the family and seems not to have had much of a relationship with her brother - should just expect the pitchforks anyway, regardless of her own complicity?

How’s your head in that sand? I’m not saying anything towards Janet is either justified or not but if Janet is on the lineup there will be backlash for this very reason and it’d be foolish to think otherwise.

Right - so some Neil Lonsdale dude organises a petition. It's probably frustrating for the festival that a handful of idiots garner some attention off the back of it, but ultimately it's still just some c**ts being c**ts.  Theoretically it shouldn't matter a jot to anyone.  Whats the alternative?  Cancel the booking?

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Right - so some Neil Lonsdale dude organises a petition. It's probably frustrating for the festival that a handful of idiots garner some attention off the back of it, but ultimately it's still just some c**ts being c**ts.  Theoretically it shouldn't matter a jot to anyone.  Whats the alternative?  Cancel the booking?

That’s all that’s being commented - that it would happen. Not that it should happen, nor that it should be avoided by cancelling her slot, just that it probably will garner some criticism in that respect.

People must be dumb as fuck if they think that Janet is even remotely associated with any of this. She was always detached from the family. I actually remember being rather surprised when she did scream with Michael. If she is booked I for one will be welcoming it. She would be a brilliant addition. 

Beggars belief that anyone would backlash someone for the alleged crimes of another. 

For what its worth, I think Michael is guilty. I believe those lads absolutely and evidence to me is irrefutable. 

If I don’t like something or disapprove of it or disagree with the politics, religion or ethics I don’t go and see it, especially at glastonbury. It’s too precious a time to waste even a second.  I can’t see the point of turning up to protest, wave a banner or make some sort of stand that says look at me.  The documentary was a hard watch but Janet didn’t seem implicated in any way.  I trust the festival organisers to make the correct call on the booking, in fact any booking 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

People must be dumb as fuck if they think that Janet is even remotely associated with any of this. She was always detached from the family. I actually remember being rather surprised when she did scream with Michael. If she is booked I for one will be welcoming it. She would be a brilliant addition. 

Beggars belief that anyone would backlash someone for the alleged crimes of another. 

For what its worth, I think Michael is guilty. I believe those lads absolutely and evidence to me is irrefutable. 

Yep, bizarre that Pete Townsend is allowed to headline but Janet isn't allowed to play without a invoking a backlash because of something her brother may or may not have done. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

You have to assume that in cases like this the majority of the friends, relatives and associates are all going to feel guilty as fuck regardless.  Cos you would.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Yeah that definitely seems cut and dried.  

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You have to assume that in cases like this the majority of the friends, relatives and associates are all going to feel guilty as fuck regardless.  Cos you would.

Yeah that definitely seems cut and dried.  

Of course you would feel awful being associated with this no matter the connection.  I can imagine that plenty of lives are ruined by the actions of one person. I certainly won't be holding Janet guilty for being related to Michael.