Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

1 hour ago, sime said:

I was there for both and they got huge crowds. Skunk Anansie were a surprise headliner in some ways from what I remember but they were pretty big in the mid to late 90s and their performance went over well. As did Travis's set, especially with their cover of 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'. I always remember the crowd being so big for Travis that as I slowly walked along a path to the side of the Pyramid, someones tent kept getting knocked by us shuffling zombies and the guy inside got so mad about it that he started screaming and shouting at everyone from his zipped up tent and then began punching it to the great delight of everyone. Ahh Glastonbury 2000, a truly special one that was!

Fair play, it's all about how you enjoy it at the time for me anyway.

14 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Not to your taste obviously, but pretty much electronic music acts play very little of it live (including the likes of The Chems, Orbital etc). There a few like Faithless who make a good effort at it but most are just twiddling knobs for the cameras.

I'd still take Craig David over half the shit that's been on the Pyramid over the years - Mumfords, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Florence etc. At least he doesn't make me want to start self-harming.

I understand the usual 'live' electronic acts or what a decent DJ does. This wasn't either. I was referring to the "DJ" set he did in the middle of his usual live set.

I was vaguely enjoying is live set with his, admittedly very good, musicians. But half way through they walked off and he then started to talk about/ promote his own TS5 nights. He then didn't even beat match but just pressed play on a few obvious crowd pleasing, wedding dance floor shite (Jump around, Show me love etc). It was pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I understand the usual 'live' electronic acts or what a decent DJ does. This wasn't either. I was referring to the "DJ" set he did in the middle of his usual live set.

I was vaguely enjoying is live set with his, admittedly very good, musicians. But half way through they walked off and he then started to talk about/ promote his own TS5 nights. He then didn't even beat match but just pressed play on a few obvious crowd pleasing, wedding dance floor shite (Jump around, Show me love etc). It was pathetic. 

There's a worrying amount of anger here directed at what was essentially a fun yet disposable afternoon set.

3 hours ago, bombfrog said:

I'm hardly a massive Janet Jackson fan but off the top of my head - Got 'til It's Gone, Together Again, Scream, That's The Way Love Goes... Maybe I'm just old.

Probably wouldn't go to see her as I don't do the pyramid headliners often but rather her than The Strokes! I mean..... The Strokes?

This is my personal favourite.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I get very angry on Twitter. However 99.99% of that anger is usually directed at South West Trains.

Wish it was still South West Trains! Much better than the new Franchise!

Loving the mad/some of will be right rumours this year bring enhanced all sorts of random tv/radio people, is there usually this many?

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

There’s no way she’s headlining, but as an early evening Pyramid act right after Kylie? Sign me up. No different than Ellie Goulding, Shakira, Paloma Faith, Katy Perry etc before her.

There's no way she would perform there if she's not a headliner. She's too big for that. Janet headlined several festivals in 2018, and she's still on the tour that started in 2015, so it's not like that she desperately needs this.

10 minutes ago, jntsrb said:

There's no way she would perform there if she's not a headliner. She's too big for that. Janet headlined several festivals in 2018, and she's still on the tour that started in 2015, so it's not like that she desperately needs this.

Joined twelve hours ago, did you JaNeTS Representative in Britain? Welcome to the boards! ?

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Joined twelve hours ago, did you JaNeTS Representative in Britain? Welcome to the boards! ?

Haha, no. But I am a fan and I know what she would accept and what she wouldn't. You guys know more about Glastonbury and I know more about Janet, so when we combine our knowledge the answer is no. She's not performing.

10 minutes ago, jntsrb said:

Haha, no. But I am a fan and I know what she would accept and what she wouldn't. You guys know more about Glastonbury and I know more about Janet, so when we combine our knowledge the answer is no. She's not performing.

I suspect she might be, but would have a mid-afternoon slot if she is.

Whatever you might think her position is, that would be her real-world position in the UK today.