Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

26 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

did you not see Ellie Goulding  shouting at everyone like an over enthusiastic aerobics instructor?  

God no.

12 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Does she play many festivals? I know she was due to headline FYF last year which got yanked due to slow sales? 

A quick check on Setlist FM shows she played Janet Jackson at Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival 2018.

The Skin Game (Part 1)
The Knowledge
BURNITUP!
Nasty / Feedback / Miss You Much / Alright / You Want This
Control / What Have You Done for Me Lately / The Pleasure Principle
Interlude (Contains elements of “Dammn Baby” and “Night)
Love Will Never Do (Without You)
When I Think of You / All For You
All Nite (Don't Stop)
Runaway
When We Oooo
Feels So Right
Doesn't Really Matter
DJ Interlude
Come Back to Me / Let's Wait Awhile
(Instrumental video interlude)
Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)
I Get Lonely
Any Time, Any Place
What's It Gonna Be?! (Busta Rhymes cover)
No Sleeep
Got 'til It's Gone
That's the Way Love Goes
So Much Betta
Throb
Together Again
Interlude (Interlude with "Idle" by Spooky Black)
What About
You Ain't Right
If
Scream (Michael Jackson cover)
Rhythm Nation

Likes an interlude and a medley.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

God no.

A quick check on Setlist FM shows she played Janet Jackson at Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival 2018.

The Skin Game (Part 1)
The Knowledge
BURNITUP!
Nasty / Feedback / Miss You Much / Alright / You Want This
Control / What Have You Done for Me Lately / The Pleasure Principle
Interlude (Contains elements of “Dammn Baby” and “Night)
Love Will Never Do (Without You)
When I Think of You / All For You
All Nite (Don't Stop)
Runaway
When We Oooo
Feels So Right
Doesn't Really Matter
DJ Interlude
Come Back to Me / Let's Wait Awhile
(Instrumental video interlude)
Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)
I Get Lonely
Any Time, Any Place
What's It Gonna Be?! (Busta Rhymes cover)
No Sleeep
Got 'til It's Gone
That's the Way Love Goes
So Much Betta
Throb
Together Again
Interlude (Interlude with "Idle" by Spooky Black)
What About
You Ain't Right
If
Scream (Michael Jackson cover)
Rhythm Nation

Likes an interlude and a medley.

I recognise four of those. More than I expected!

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

How many people could sing a single JJ song? 

How many people could actually name one?

Also her brother was a relentless kid fiddler. 

I'm hardly a massive Janet Jackson fan but off the top of my head - Got 'til It's Gone, Together Again, Scream, That's The Way Love Goes... Maybe I'm just old.

Probably wouldn't go to see her as I don't do the pyramid headliners often but rather her than The Strokes! I mean..... The Strokes?

Just now, bombfrog said:

I'm hardly a massive Janet Jackson fan but off the top of my head - Got 'til It's Gone, Together Again, Scream, That's The Way Love Goes... Maybe I'm just old.

Probably wouldn't go to see her as I don't do the pyramid headliners often but rather her than The Strokes! I mean..... The Strokes?

Scream is MJ song. I doubt she'd do that this year. 

She cancelled her last UK tour dues to dreadful ticket sales. She would have barely got 5000 through the door for Manchester Arena. Left a gap for additional dates at the O2 and then couldn’t sell the first date out. She definitely won’t headline. 

Thats not to say she won’t turn up. Would seem strange when she’s got no dates announced anywhere bar 2 in a Japan in a couple of weeks though. Bit of a weird rumour this one 

11 minutes ago, stylishkids said:

She cancelled her last UK tour dues to dreadful ticket sales. She would have barely got 5000 through the door for Manchester Arena. Left a gap for additional dates at the O2 and then couldn’t sell the first date out. She definitely won’t headline. 

Thats not to say she won’t turn up. Would seem strange when she’s got no dates announced anywhere bar 2 in a Japan in a couple of weeks though. Bit of a weird rumour this one 

She cancelled most of her European tour due to poor ticket sales and last year an American festival called FYF Fest that she was headlining was cancelled due to poor ticket sales. And going by the current tour, she barely keeping her head above water.

Some big gigs in there but some utterly atrocious ones too. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_the_World_Tour#Tour_dates 

Its kind of all or nothing with her because of the size of the production of the show. 

3 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

Any recollection to what it was like at the time when the likes of Skunk Anansie and Travis were being rolled out?

I was there for both and they got huge crowds. Skunk Anansie were a surprise headliner in some ways from what I remember but they were pretty big in the mid to late 90s and their performance went over well. As did Travis's set, especially with their cover of 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'. I always remember the crowd being so big for Travis that as I slowly walked along a path to the side of the Pyramid, someones tent kept getting knocked by us shuffling zombies and the guy inside got so mad about it that he started screaming and shouting at everyone from his zipped up tent and then began punching it to the great delight of everyone. Ahh Glastonbury 2000, a truly special one that was!

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

How many people could sing a single JJ song? 

How many people could actually name one?

Also her brother was a relentless kid fiddler. 

That was her brother not her and it didn't stop the rest of her brothers playing Glastonbury at the last festival so why should she be held more accountable for his actions than they were?

50 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Joking aside Martin Roberts is a regular at the festival so he may indeed know more than us!

That was my joke..... :ph34r:

He gets plenty of shout outs on here (including from me when i saw him standing next to a tatty caravan on the hill of death, saying into his phone "mate, where is the awning..??".. I dont reckon it was Dion Dublin on the other end..)

Im here all week.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Seriously what's the point? No one gives a shit about her and she'll take a good slot. That said, Craig David was absolutely packed, and went wild when he pressed play on some MP3s for 20 minutes in his set. So there are enough morons to get a crowd going. 

I think you're forgetting something that Craig David had over Janet.

You could go there for the #BANTS.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Seriously what's the point? No one gives a shit about her and she'll take a good slot. That said, Craig David was absolutely packed, and went wild when he pressed play on some MP3s for 20 minutes in his set. So there are enough morons to get a crowd going. 

Not to your taste obviously, but pretty much electronic music acts play very little of it live (including the likes of The Chems, Orbital etc). There a few like Faithless who make a good effort at it but most are just twiddling knobs for the cameras.

I'd still take Craig David over half the shit that's been on the Pyramid over the years - Mumfords, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Florence etc. At least he doesn't make me want to start self-harming.

5 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

Any recollection to what it was like at the time when the likes of Skunk Anansie and Travis were being rolled out?

I think most people had to pay for their Internet by the minute at the time, so I'm guessing there wasn't really the same awareness.  Plus, Travis at least were a perfectly respectable booking for the time.  Shit, but plenty big enough and contemporary.