TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

Just got ultra excited. Recieved a call from Manchester...ohhh, is it the BBC? Answered the call. Guy on the other end sounded very excited and asked to confirm my details, I did. He then says 'Congratulations...', my heart flutters and he ends the sentence with 'we can offer you a new deal on life insurance...' Fuck.

13 minutes ago, beau1 said:

Just got ultra excited. Recieved a call from Manchester...ohhh, is it the BBC? Answered the call. Guy on the other end sounded very excited and asked to confirm my details, I did. He then says 'Congratulations...', my heart flutters and he ends the sentence with 'we can offer you a new deal on life insurance...' Fuck.

That’s horrid! I bet the time in between him saying congrats and the next word felt like an age!

This will be the 5th I've missed since I got pregnant with our first child.. I'm so ready to go back now.. I managed not to read efests previous years but this year I can't stay away and I'm torturing myself!  I'm just thinking about ticket day in October and hoping I get one and can start getting excited for next year. 

• Upvote 1

So, when ticketless in October I decided to email Camp Kerala to see if they had any tickets etc - they put me on the waiting list and have just emailed to say that a tent has come up if we want it - we got lucky in the resale but if any one can stump up the £15k PLUS  VAT (yes you read that right!!!!!) for 2 tickets a posh tent food and drinks (but you have to pay extra for premium wines and champagnes.....) so if anyone has won the lottery recently might be worth emailing them.

29 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

So, when ticketless in October I decided to email Camp Kerala to see if they had any tickets etc - they put me on the waiting list and have just emailed to say that a tent has come up if we want it - we got lucky in the resale but if any one can stump up the £15k PLUS  VAT (yes you read that right!!!!!) for 2 tickets a posh tent food and drinks (but you have to pay extra for premium wines and champagnes.....) so if anyone has won the lottery recently might be worth emailing them.

So £18k and they don't even open on the Wednesday. 

23 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

So £18k and they don't even open on the Wednesday. 

Yep! Needless to say even if we had not got resale tickets I don't think I would be taking them up on the offer!  After the initial email I got back saying they were fully booked I then got a later email (I think around January) saying they had sourced some more tents from somewhere like Rajasthan but because they had to import them they would need to charge more - that was nearer £25k plus VAT  and did I want one of those- I would love to know who can actually afford any of these packages. 

51 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Yep! Needless to say even if we had not got resale tickets I don't think I would be taking them up on the offer!  After the initial email I got back saying they were fully booked I then got a later email (I think around January) saying they had sourced some more tents from somewhere like Rajasthan but because they had to import them they would need to charge more - that was nearer £25k plus VAT  and did I want one of those- I would love to know who can actually afford any of these packages. 

Feels like the antithesis of Glastonbury tbh

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Feels like the antithesis of Glastonbury tbh

I agree tbh even if we won the lottery I couldnt justify it we wouldnt spend any time there and I am not sure I would particularly fit in with the clientele in my mud spattered boots and walking trousers cans of warm lager and a ratty old fleece jacket - bet I wouldnt make it to the gallery pics haha! ?

1 hour ago, noplacelikehome said:

The same people that buy Apples new desktop computer.

29 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Assume no one heard anything from BBC Sounds then?

It doesn’t look like it! Big shame. Thinking of creating an efestival band to enter the talent competition for next years festival. 

9 minutes ago, Janaka said:

One of my friends got an Oxfam spot at 1646 today. Good luck people. Don’t give up. Didn’t get my ticket in ‘17 til the Thursday when the festival had already started. There’s always a way.

I've been monitoring the Oxfam page all day and places appeared while I was on my run home! Argh! Glad people are still getting places tho!

2 hours ago, Janaka said:

One of my friends got an Oxfam spot at 1646 today. Good luck people. Don’t give up. Didn’t get my ticket in ‘17 til the Thursday when the festival had already started. There’s always a way.

agh! was checking all day then decided to put my phone down and read...serves me right. I wonder, has anyone contacted Oxfam and asked to be 'on hold' for any volunteering?

6 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

agh! was checking all day then decided to put my phone down and read...serves me right. I wonder, has anyone contacted Oxfam and asked to be 'on hold' for any volunteering?

I assumed there wasn't a wait list since things keep popping up on the website but maybe there is a wait list.. it does mention something like that on the page doesn't it?

Edit: there's no wait list for Glastonbury, just checked.

Edited by Pipine

24 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I assumed there wasn't a wait list since things keep popping up on the website but maybe there is a wait list.. it does mention something like that on the page doesn't it?

Ah that’s a shame! 

44 minutes ago, Pipine said:

No need to manually check.  Use a page monitor (we used Distil) - set it up to check the Oxfam page with the drop down menu with the all the festivals listed - obv whilst you're logged in - and set the refresh cycle to 5 seconds.  There will be numerous false pings - or is it someone just getting there before you - but refresh the Oxfam and fingers crossed.... My friend nearly got on Monday but didn't have her card deets and was in the middle of a meeting, we've both had numerous false pings since then, and then this afternoon whilst I was out she got one.

There are numerous people also using the method, but wishing you all the luck possible.

Edited by Janaka
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I have been using distill to monitor the page but I don't think it runs unless you're logged into the browser? I was between work and home when the spaces came up today so I missed the page changing.

Oh. Yeah I guess so, not sure if there's a way for it to email/SMS you if you're on the move

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Neil did post something cryptic about wateraid having something nice announced in the next couple of days .... no idea but could it be a last ticket comp ?

I'll keep a look out! Thank you :)