TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

2 hours ago, Simpo said:

this is what was asked to the two lucky competitors on 6music before

True or False?

1. Michael Eavis performed a duet with Jools Holland in 2000.

2. Aphex Twin performed a one note set at the Glade in 2017.

3. Carrie Fisher used to camp in the Healing Fields.

4. A sample of mud from each festival is kept and studied at Bath Spa University.

5. Matthew Murphy from the Wombats almost missed their set in 2011 after falling asleep naked in Lost Horizons.                                                          

6. After their set in 2007, Arctic Moneys' Alex Turner hung out backstage dressed as a dinosaur.

7. Glastonbury has its own dragon, protected by a dragon keeper.

8. In 2016 there was a secret bar, accessible only by climbing down a longdrop.

9. At around 3am every festival Sunday, a ghost steam train has been spotted going down the old railway line.

10. Libertines' Carl Barat's mum used to be a litter picker at the festival.

ANSWERS: 1. True, 2. False, 3. True, 4. False, 5. False, 6. True, 7. True, 8. False, 9. False, 10. True

Was more of a lucky guess quiz than knowledge really. I only got 2 right so glad I didn’t get selected to go on air 

1 hour ago, Windupradio said:

I emailed Mallets Cider today to confirm closing time for the competition. For some reason I thought it was 1800 tonight,  it is actually 23.59, so still time to find a big Tesco and get some more. 

Just drove to Tesco for some... 

14 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Still haven’t seen the local paper competitions, I’m sure there’s usually more comps by this time?

Yeah really surprised nothing from Somersetlive. I had them on twitter but omg there's only so much crap I can put up with. 

12 hours ago, Stu H said:

The Social announce their winner tomorrow.

Did anyone else on here apart from me, enter?

I recorded a mix but didn't enter it in the end as I managed to get in with Oxfam, and didn't want to fork out £20.

Good luck with yours!

• Upvote 1