TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

8 minutes ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

There’s some truth in the saying “it’s the hope that kills you” ... kind of looking forward to the Mallets competition being over so I can finally move on to the acceptance stage ?

Still time to buy some more!  And if you don't win tickets you can drown your sorrows in Mallets all weekend!

Someone needs to reread the terms and conditions. Tweet says Sunday, but terms say ‘The winners will be the first two correct entries drawn at random by an independent person on 7th June 2019.’

it’s the 7th today?! 

this is what was asked to the two lucky competitors on 6music before

True or False?

1. Michael Eavis performed a duet with Jools Holland in 2000.

2. Aphex Twin performed a one note set at the Glade in 2017.

3. Carrie Fisher used to camp in the Healing Fields.

4. A sample of mud from each festival is kept and studied at Bath Spa University.

5. Matthew Murphy from the Wombats almost missed their set in 2011 after falling asleep naked in Lost Horizons.                                                          

6. After their set in 2007, Arctic Moneys' Alex Turner hung out backstage dressed as a dinosaur.

7. Glastonbury has its own dragon, protected by a dragon keeper.

8. In 2016 there was a secret bar, accessible only by climbing down a longdrop.

9. At around 3am every festival Sunday, a ghost steam train has been spotted going down the old railway line.

10. Libertines' Carl Barat's mum used to be a litter picker at the festival.

ANSWERS: 1. True, 2. False, 3. True, 4. False, 5. False, 6. True, 7. True, 8. False, 9. False, 10. True

Edited by Simpo

42 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Thanks for that. Although bizarrely the competition only appears if you select the option to say that you are attending the festival. How stupid is that

It really is quite stupid. With any luck it will keep the number of entries down to a small number.

29 minutes ago, Simpo said:

this is what was asked to the two lucky competitors on 6music before

True or False?

1. Michael Eavis performed a duet with Jools Holland in 2000.

2. Aphex Twin performed a one note set at the Glade in 2017.

3. Carrie Fisher used to camp in the Healing Fields.

4. A sample of mud from each festival is kept and studied at Bath Spa University.

5. Matthew Murphy from the Wombats almost missed their set in 2011 after falling asleep naked in Lost Horizons.                                                          

6. After their set in 2007, Arctic Moneys' Alex Turner hung out backstage dressed as a dinosaur.

7. Glastonbury has its own dragon, protected by a dragon keeper.

8. In 2016 there was a secret bar, accessible only by climbing down a longdrop.

9. At around 3am every festival Sunday, a ghost steam train has been spotted going down the old railway line.

10. Libertines' Carl Barat's mum used to be a litter picker at the festival.

ANSWERS: 1. True, 2. False, 3. True, 4. False, 5. False, 6. True, 7. True, 8. False, 9. False, 10. True

I guessed 7 correctly. Got Carrie, Wombats and mud ones wrong.

Stangely the app has only just become available to download,  but in the Google Play Store it already has 100k+ downloads and reviews from previous years. This might mean that it is just an update of the previous 2017 App, and therefore the competition has been live for quite some time for those who checked the 2017 app, and the info about closing dates in the T&C for the comp being yesterday (6/6/19) could be correct. 

If so (and the closing date was 6/6/19) then anybody who had spotted the comp before today in the 2017 app would have been in with a good chance.

?

?sspansspanssspansspanss s 

Edited by Windupradio
Wrong emoji, then some crazy coding error

Just when we thought we had lost hope along comes another 5 pairs of tickets to build us up again. At least by the end of next week we can all go back to pretending we didn't want to go anyway and will watch The Killers on our sofas with a cold beer laughing at the rain ??

22 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Hahaha! I think it’s highly unlikely I will but I have promised any winnings to @Superscally should I win by some miracle! 

If I can give a second name I’ll chuck it on here and see if I can help another person too.

Although it has to be said I have almost certainly used up all my luck this year.

You're a good un ? YNWA

• Upvote 1