TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

I feel I’m going to be left with a loads of cans of Mallets, pile of Guardians and no tix. No luck in resale, no luck in competitions, can’t do stewarding because my glastobuddy isn’t up for it.

No good karma from getting coach tix for others or helping sort fellow Liverpool fans with accommodation in Madrid. 

In fact it’s been really miserable had my CL final ticket stolen by police so had to watch it in a bar in Madrid instead and now prob no Glasto. Feeling very low atm. 

Edited by Levitz

6 minutes ago, Levitz said:

I feel I’m going to be left with a loads of cans of Mallets, pile of Guardians and no tix. No luck in resale, no luck in competitions, can’t do stewarding because my glastobuddy isn’t up for it.

No good karma from getting coach tix for others or helping sort fellow Liverpool fans with accommodation in Madrid. 

In fact it’s been really miserable had my CL final ticket stolen by police so had to watch it in a bar in Madrid instead and now prob no Glasto. Feeling very low atm. 

Seriously, drop your glastonbuddy and just do it.  You'll have a whale of a time by yourself and meet so many new friends through volunteering.

You've got to be a little bit selfish sometimes.  If you have an opportunity then you don't want to feel like you're missing out! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

My reference did it straight away so everything is done on my profile.

I would think there would be someone will to swop, hopefully! Is there an area online where people put up who they’d want to see the most? 

I'm sure someone will swap out of the hundreds that will be there

3 hours ago, mazola said:

Unfortunately we don't find out our shifts until we get there. You need to hope you don't get either the 14:00 - 22:00 or the 22:00 to 06:00 shift on the saturday, either of them is going to clash with the Killers.

I wouldn't mind swapping with someone to do Sat evening as I'd rather have Sunday off! ?

2 hours ago, franathy said:

I wouldn't mind swapping with someone to do Sat evening as I'd rather have Sunday off! ?

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

If we can somehow manage it I’d definitely swop with you!

You have to swop the whole of your shifts with the other person not just the one that allows you to see a set you are desperate not to miss. Both of you need to go to Oxbox to do this. :)

3 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Seriously, drop your glastonbuddy and just do it.  You'll have a whale of a time by yourself and meet so many new friends through volunteering.

You've got to be a little bit selfish sometimes.  If you have an opportunity then you don't want to feel like you're missing out! 

Can’t do that. We’re best mates and part of going and enjoying the festival is doing it together. 

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Before winning the competition here I bought loads of Mallets and entered the codes. This is hugely unlikely but should I win the Mallets competition has anyone looked at the Ts&Cs? Will I be able to give the tickets to someone else?

you might be able to collect one ticket as the winner and have someone else named as the other person :?

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

you might be able to collect one ticket as the winner and have someone else named as the other person :?

I guess that is possible but would feel guilty wasting a ticket.

Plus I would be in constant fear of them cancelling both my tickets.

If we know for sure that both can’t be given to other people I would probably tell them to draw again.

1 minute ago, Eldog said:

Should have one extra at least that can be put in anyone's name. Any chance I could ask/beg/serve your every need for your golden ticket if you were so victorious Sir?

Hahaha! I think it’s highly unlikely I will but I have promised any winnings to @Superscally should I win by some miracle! 

If I can give a second name I’ll chuck it on here and see if I can help another person too.

Although it has to be said I have almost certainly used up all my luck this year.

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Hahaha! I think it’s highly unlikely I will but I have promised any winnings to @Superscally should I win by some miracle! 

If I can give a second name I’ll chuck it on here and see if I can help another person too.

Although it has to be said I have almost certainly used up all my luck this year.

Much appreciated young Sir.

You never know, the luck all seems to come at once.

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

You have to swop the whole of your shifts with the other person not just the one that allows you to see a set you are desperate not to miss. Both of you need to go to Oxbox to do this. :)

I'd be happy to swap the whole lot. This is a shift pattern from a previous year but it could change this year. I'd probably try to swap if I had D or E, which I guess some people will prefer as you get to see all the Saturday music.

By the way Ozanne well done on getting Oxfam! You must be so happy with less than 3 weeks to go ? 

1516764301_ScreenShot2019-06-03at07_58_06.png.34cd5d8339a6cd6c33202ed08dda27da.png

Edited by franathy

51 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Before winning the competition here I bought loads of Mallets and entered the codes. This is hugely unlikely but should I win the Mallets competition has anyone looked at the Ts&Cs? Will I be able to give the tickets to someone else?

1. Prize must be accepted as offered by the named winner. Entrants must take the person they named in the registration process, to join them at the festival. This will be strictly monitored with formal identification required on entry to the festival. The Promoter cannot be responsible for incorrect names or spelling that prevent entry into the festival. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prize is not transferable and cannot be resold.

Looks like you had to name the second person when you registered - but I can’t remember whether this was the case (I remember putting names in for some competitions but don’t know which).  Also says prize can’t be transferred so if you can’t use them I’d assume they’ll be back in the pot.

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

just listening to a coldplay song that sounds like every other one they have done for the last 10 years. 

Don't suppose they have given out the answer to the quiz yet?

In their defence I think it was an unreleased Avicii song. But that’s not to say then next 10 songs played don’t be shit.