TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

1 hour ago, dibnah1 said:

Think i’ve Just buggered my chance of a place on the Six Music comp, phoned up asking age and what my favourite show is. ‘I don’t really listen to Six Music’

Too honest for my own good.

?‍♂️ you're kidding? They phoned you? Wish they'd phone me! 

15 hours ago, mazola said:

I did the online training Monday night, was about 3 hours long. Was quite interesting really. I know they said during the training that they record the whole thing, so maybe if they are not holding another one before the festival they will give you the option of watching the last one back.

Right....I’ve had a look this morning and my training is booked for the online session on Thursday 20th June at 1830! Glad that’s sorted!

What happens now, when do I hear about shifts and what else I need to do?

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Right....I’ve had a look this morning and my training is booked for the online session on Thursday 20th June at 1830! Glad that’s sorted!

Arrival info emails went out yesterday so I imagine you'll have that soon. If you want to DM me an email address I'll forward mine if you like. 

You should also get an email about the training soon with details of how to log on. 

You'll find out your shifts when you register on site. 

1 hour ago, dibnah1 said:

Think i’ve Just buggered my chance of a place on the Six Music comp, phoned up asking age and what my favourite show is. ‘I don’t really listen to Six Music’

My phone just rang ... I answered very cheerily.  It was a recorded message telling me HMRC are going to arrest me for tax fraud unless I press 1.  I almost pressed one just in case it was 6music pretending to be HMRC. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

First thing - if you've not already done it (though I assume you have) make sure your Profile is complete with all green ticks. Reference, Photo, etc.

Assuming you're not on early shift (getting earlies is very unlikely at the best of times - probably even moreso given you're effectively a late fill in), then you'll get your shifts when you register on site on the Monday or Tuesday. If you've not already received it, you should get an E-Mail in the next few days with your arrival information.

That's about it really. You may wish to sign up the Oxfam Liftshare site to see if anyone else is going your way.

1 minute ago, Charlie Rabbit said:

I’m off to Tesco’s on my way home tonight to buy as much Mallets as they’ve got left. At last count I had 36 cans in the kitchen. I think we’ve drunk 4. I don’t like it.

We did a slow cooked pork in a few cans of it the other day and it was amazing.  Not much use if you're vegetarian, but can recommend if not!

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Excellent! 

Next up is make sure your profile is completed and everything ticked. If your reference has come back that should be it now until the training.

You'll get an email from Oxfam giving you the details of when to arrive and what to do when you get there, I got mine yesterday.

Unfortunately we don't find out our shifts until we get there. You need to hope you don't get either the 14:00 - 22:00 or the 22:00 to 06:00 shift on the saturday, either of them is going to clash with the Killers.

As far as I can tell (it's my first time volunteering too) you can swap shifts when you get there, but it has to be all 3 shifts not just individual ones. I think there is 6 shift patterns, so you have a 66% chance of being in the clear!

5 minutes ago, incident said:

First thing - if you've not already done it (though I assume you have) make sure your Profile is complete with all green ticks. Reference, Photo, etc.

Assuming you're not on early shift (getting earlies is very unlikely at the best of times - probably even moreso given you're effectively a late fill in), then you'll get your shifts when you register on site on the Monday or Tuesday. If you've not already received it, you should get an E-Mail in the next few days with your arrival information.

That's about it really. You may wish to sign up the Oxfam Liftshare site to see if anyone else is going your way.

I’ve done my profile, all showing with green ticks.

I did tick I’m available for earlier but that’s ok if not. When do you have to get done to the site by?

14 minutes ago, mazola said:

Excellent! 

Next up is make sure your profile is completed and everything ticked. If your reference has come back that should be it now until the training.

You'll get an email from Oxfam giving you the details of when to arrive and what to do when you get there, I got mine yesterday.

Unfortunately we don't find out our shifts until we get there. You need to hope you don't get either the 14:00 - 22:00 or the 22:00 to 06:00 shift on the saturday, either of them is going to clash with the Killers.

As far as I can tell (it's my first time volunteering too) you can swap shifts when you get there, but it has to be all 3 shifts not just individual ones. I think there is 6 shift patterns, so you have a 66% chance of being in the clear!

My reference did it straight away so everything is done on my profile.

I would think there would be someone will to swop, hopefully! Is there an area online where people put up who they’d want to see the most? 

Edited by Ozanne

Not sure if this has been posted yet but Radio 1 have a ticket competition starting on the breakfast show tomorrow.  Unfortunately, that means you'd have to listen to the pair of vacant morons that present the show but the pay off could be worth it!

34 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

When do you have to get done to the site by?

By the sound of it, this at the absolute latest you need to register by 8pm Tuesday, meaning arriving a little bit before that.

Though if you can I'd recommend Monday or much earlier on Tuesday, and take advantage of your ability to roam the (comparatively) empty but mostly built site.

43 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

We did a slow cooked pork in a few cans of it the other day and it was amazing.  Not much use if you're vegetarian, but can recommend if not!

Maybe I’ll try it with some seitan haha. We really can’t shift it , we went to all points east at the weekend and security didn’t even confiscate it from my boyfriends rucksack ! (no food or drink allowed) 

59 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

I love this reply! Absolute genius - I'm trying it when I get home! 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Just saw this and had to read back the thread - wow wow wow you did it, your perseverance paid off and so pleased for you

See you at the Killers

FFxx

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dibnah1 said:

They must have called 20 people by now so that’s that chance gone 

18 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I DID IT GUYS!!!

I’ve managed to grab a slot off them, just filling out the form now for the festival.

Wow. Incredible. 

Well done! V. pleased to see this after a few near misses you had. Plus you defo deserve it with all the Guardian buying.