TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t really believe it. AHHHHH.

Has anyone got experience with Oxfam and the training? It has online training options for after the festival, I can only really do online. 

E-Mail them now, and if you've not heard back by mid afternoon tomorrow follow up with a phone call.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I DID IT GUYS!!!

I’ve managed to grab a slot off them, just filling out the form now for the festival.

Wow. Incredible. 

Well done you.... Your perseverance paid off. 

As @incident said, get that training sorted asap. I did mine last Saturday in Oxford.

You should be able to get an online course done. If I were you I would call them tomorrow. They may also have some spaces local to you within the coming weeks that won't be shown as options in the drop-downs.

Good luck...!

58 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I DID IT GUYS!!!

I’ve managed to grab a slot off them, just filling out the form now for the festival.

Wow. Incredible. 

Absolutely chuffed to bits for you!!! You're going to Glastonbury!!! :party:

How does the BBC 6 competition work? Doesn't seem clear on the site. They say they will call 20 people and vet them to find the 2 most lively for the on air quiz, but when will they call these people? Just before the show or in days before (now).

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I DID IT GUYS!!!

Wow. Incredible. 

Get In!!!

Chuffed for you mate, I've been rooting for you. Us last minute Oxfam desperado's will have to have a celebration beer when we get there!

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Has anyone got experience with Oxfam and the training? It has online training options for after the festival, I can only really do online. 

I did the online training Monday night, was about 3 hours long. Was quite interesting really. I know they said during the training that they record the whole thing, so maybe if they are not holding another one before the festival they will give you the option of watching the last one back.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I DID IT GUYS!!!

Wow. Incredible. 

YES! Well in mate. Finally. Bet you feel so good!

Hopefully your shifts allow you to attend the eFests meet AND... THE KILLERS! :D 

Edited by DareToDibble

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Brilliant news, so pleased for you. Hubby and I managed to Oxfam places too. See you in 3 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Watchy said:

Brilliant news, so pleased for you. Hubby and I managed to Oxfam places too. See you in 3 weeks. 

Great news, well done!

What have you done for the training option?

17 minutes ago, mazola said:

I did the online training Monday night, was about 3 hours long. Was quite interesting really. I know they said during the training that they record the whole thing, so maybe if they are not holding another one before the festival they will give you the option of watching the last one back.

How did you organise that one, was it an option in the initial drop down list when setting up your festival profile or did you organise it separately with them?

Edited by Ozanne

Just now, Ozanne said:

Great news, well done!

What have you done for the training option?

We got our places a while back and did it in Bristol, Glastonbury and Oxfam virgins. I know quite a few are only just doing on line training now. I had to message them earlier, it was 8.00 and they came straight back to me, so they should respond quickly . 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

How did you organise that one, was it an option in the initial drop down list when setting up your festival profile or did you organise it separately with them?

It was in the drop down list on my profile. I'm sure they will sort something out, they seem really helpful. Don't think you will hear back from them until tomorrow though.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I went to Boomtown with Oxfam last year. I went in person but my friend did the online training....after comparing notes we didn't think I had really gained anything extra from going, so I reckon online will be fine 

Oh and massive congrats!!!! Where there's a will, there's a way after all eh? :D