TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Ends Friday. That's my best hope now. I have entered a few times 

It ends Friday, but they say up to 5 days to do the draw, and then another 5 to notify the winners!

10 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Ends Friday. That's my best hope now. I have entered a few times 

Ahh awesome. I'm super hopeful at least someone here will be lucky ?

I bought and drank my way through a couple of boxes!

3 hours ago, Leftfield24 said:

31st May, I was hoping someone on here might have won!

ah blast, yeah shame no-one on here won it.

We still got Oxfam haven't we? and the 6 music one, and Mallets, but i didn't enter that, have never even seen a can of it for sale

57 minutes ago, Perks said:

ah blast, yeah shame no-one on here won it.

We still got Oxfam haven't we? and the 6 music one, and Mallets, but i didn't enter that, have never even seen a can of it for sale

I think there's Radio 1 on Friday too.

1 hour ago, ciderlass said:

I think there's Radio 1 on Friday too.

Ah ok, cheers

gutted i'll have to listen to radio one though - the things glastonbury makes me do

So i have been thinking about the Radio 1 competition on Friday morning and wondering if it is better to lie about my age when submitting my entry. I can't see Radio 1 wanting a prize to go to a 40+ something bloke, they would be more interested in someone younger to meet their demographic so I was thinking they may apply positive discrimination after the initial selection process. 

6 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

So i have been thinking about the Radio 1 competition on Friday morning and wondering if it is better to lie about my age when submitting my entry. I can't see Radio 1 wanting a prize to go to a 40+ something bloke, they would be more interested in someone younger to meet their demographic so I was thinking they may apply positive discrimination after the initial selection process. 

Lie.

They'll never know, and it might make the difference in getting a ticket.

13 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I’d lie about your name too, Al Coholic. 

13 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

is Oxfam and Radio 1 the last chance for all competitions?

8 minutes ago, incident said:

Mallets Cider (5 pairs) is open until Friday

BBC 6 Music as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4C8ZgkzVsZwyvd33mr4WHPH/heres-how-to-enter-6-musics-glastonbury-festival-competition

Edited by Dukeicon

5 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Thank you!! Seems slightly convoluted but sure it's all worth a try at this stage. Just to clarify, this three letter word clue thing, the clues will be given out on Friday morning before 8am?!

2 hours ago, al_coholic said:

' 7 | The phone from which the text entry is sent in the registration process must be the entrant’s phone. The entrant must be entering on their own behalf. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who did not register using their own phone, who answered a call to someone else’s phone or who has someone else answer their phone on their behalf. Further the BBC reserves the right to disqualify an entrant if it discovers the information provided in the text entry is incorrect. This may mean that a winner is disqualified for not providing the correct information for verification purposes.

It'd be fairly awful to get that far and be disqualified, will they not ask for your DOB for the verification? Not sure how they'd find out the truth, but what if they asked for some sort of ID evidence? Maybe I'm overthinking as I'm wondering whether to do the same. I'm only 30 but am definitely well out of their demographic...??