TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

10 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Damn I'm so jealous . Have a great time mate, funny it wasn't through The Guardian competition after all that faff.

Thanks mate. 

Yeah I am genuinely still amazed nobody off here won the guardian competition. I think we were all sure at least a few would with the dedication of doing it every day!

Hopefully some of the other competitions come in for you! Don’t give up hope, there are still some competitions that haven’t even been announced yet like BBC :) 

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2019 at 11:26 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I am led to believe that there may be a late competition from a Somerset newspaper yet to come, but that's not in a tablet of stone. There usually is though.

Which Somerset newspaper? I always thought it was Western Daily Press, but they don't even have a website anymore. Seems to have been replaced by somersetlive

The day of the resale I made a list of companies who have previously had Glastonbury competitions/may have them this year and these are the remaining ones who haven't as yet:

Oxfam
Shelter
Somerset live
Radio 1
1xtra
6music
Western daily press
Time out
Signature living
Metro newspaper

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm always amazed how often this happens: I've just had to draw another winner for an efests competition (not the glasto one) because the person who won doesn't want the prize.

Why do people do that? :blink: 

I enter in the hope I can in someway work around the terms and conditions ... and then realise I cant .... I might have worked out a way of bypassing some but not sure how possible / ethical it would be ... this is for other competitions by the way ... not the efest one as I didn't enter as its fairly clear I have tickets already 

6 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Which Somerset newspaper? I always thought it was Western Daily Press, but they don't even have a website anymore. Seems to have been replaced by somersetlive

Hello al_coholic,

I wasn't given a specific newspaper, I'm afraid. The email message gave me a (long) list of newspapers, and said to anticipate that a competition 'may well' come from that direction. I didn't question the author of the email about percentages of that possibility, or if they had specific knowledge. I know that the details are scant, but only mentioned it so that people were aware of the possibility, and kept their ears to the ground. In fact, it was a little more than that, in that it was a veiled appeal to those efesters in that area, to keep a look out for such a thing, on our behalves. 

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry for the stupid question but would that competition only be eligible to people from that area then?

dont worry if its west country related ...  I will enter on your behalf .... like was said earlier the western daily press seems to have disappeared and ive had quite a bit of luck Glastonbury ticket wise over the years ... including winning a pair when I thought all hope was lost ..... I still remember the name of the lady who rang us .... wendy best ... and she really was :) 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont worry if its west country related ...  I will enter on your behalf .... like was said earlier the western daily press seems to have disappeared and ive had quite a bit of luck Glastonbury ticket wise over the years ... including winning a pair when I thought all hope was lost ..... I still remember the name of the lady who rang us .... wendy best ... and she really was :) 

You're amazing, thank you!

That must've been amazing to win a pair like that, how close to the festival was it?

Just now, Ozanne said:

You're amazing, thank you!

That must've been amazing to win a pair like that, how close to the festival was it?

cant remember exactly as it was somewhere around 2010 I would guess .... you just needed to collect tokens for a bit from the papers and send them off .... working in a supermarket I managed to get most of the copies that were delivered .... they also had a chance to buy tickets for 1000 people I think and again we were pulled out the hat .... dont know if they got 1000 entries mind you .....

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

cant remember exactly as it was somewhere around 2010 I would guess .... you just needed to collect tokens for a bit from the papers and send them off .... working in a supermarket I managed to get most of the copies that were delivered .... they also had a chance to buy tickets for 1000 people I think and again we were pulled out the hat .... dont know if they got 1000 entries mind you .....

Sounds a bit like The Guardian competition.

If you ended up buying tokens on my behalf in any future competition like this I'd of course transfer you money to cover the expense.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry for the stupid question but would that competition only be eligible to people from that area then?

I hear what crazyfool1 has said, but do seem to recall being able to enter one of those competitions myself, when I lived in Birmingham. However, that was many moons ago, and also may well be a phantom memory. Apologies that I can't be any clearer.

29 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I hear what crazyfool1 has said, but do seem to recall being able to enter one of those competitions myself, when I lived in Birmingham. However, that was many moons ago, and also may well be a phantom memory. Apologies that I can't be any clearer.

No worries at all, I'm sure we'll find out soon. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Ozanne

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Can anyone see the T&Cs on that? All I can see is it says full terms below but nothing below. 

You need to answer the question then you get to see T&cs. Named person on entry only and not transferable 

and one entry per household 

Edited by tarw
Added info

2 minutes ago, tarw said:

You need to answer the question then you get to see T&cs. Named person on entry only and not transferable 

and one entry per household 

Thanks for that. So can't enter for someone else. 

That was how I read it but only skimmed. Was thinking the same. Might be wriggle room like there was one of them but didn’t think it was worth trying if it meant them getting disqualified for multiple entries 

Edited by tarw