TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

15 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! I won the eFests competition! 

Just emailed Neil over my details which I’m sure will all be fine!

SO HAPPY!

Good luck to everyone else in the competitions and if I should win (unlikely) I’ll see if I can sort them for someone here!

Thank you Neil @eFestivals

Congratulations !!!

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just casting my eyes over the competition entries, I can't believe how many couldn't be bothered to give a full address (10%-ish). Hello, how is your prize going to arrive, by magic?

If one of those had been drawn as the winner, I'd have immediately drawn someone else. 

Taps nose. Tips for next year for the regulars. 

Nice one Neil. Got to get picking a T Shirt now. ?

19 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

SO HAPPY!

Good luck to everyone else in the competitions and if I should win (unlikely) I’ll see if I can sort them for someone here!

BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!! A well deserved winner ?

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just casting my eyes over the competition entries, I can't believe how many couldn't be bothered to give a full address (10%-ish). Hello, how is your prize going to arrive, by magic?

If one of those had been drawn as the winner, I'd have immediately drawn someone else. 

I don't remember what the entry was like, was it asked on the form? Most people, I would guess, would think you email the winner and then they confirm details of where they want the tickets to be sent.... 

(no idea what I did it feels like about 2 months ago!)

Edited by Levitz

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've just had a look at my profile and noted that I hadn't put down an address - as in at all. Have rectified that now. That said, I think I did on the competition entry. 

PS - I've started to lactate, so gotta dash and breastfeed the nipper.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Levitz said:

I don't remember what the entry was like, was it asked on the form? Most people, I would guess, would think you email the winner and then they confirm details of where they want the tickets to be sent....

it says on the form "the prize will be sent to the address you give above". If it's not a full address the prize can't be sent to that address.

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Someone earlier on said that the T&Cs are the same as the Coop competition and they let you give someone else name as the winner. I think it’s at least worth seeing if it’s possible, in all likelihood it won’t be a bridge we have to cross anyway ?

They're definitely not. 

10. The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The prize must be taken as stated and no 
compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable 
or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any part 
of the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared 
null and void.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just out of interest, are you able to give rough figures of the percentage of regulars that entered?

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

Just out of interest, are you able to give rough figures of the percentage of regulars that entered?

it's not something I've got any instant way of doing.

Also, there's lots of issues in trying to do that in a meaningful way. What exactly is "a regular"? Plus, while I know user profiles record a 'last visited' date/time, every entrant will have visited in the last week or so when they entered the competition.

4 minutes ago, Superscally said:

They're definitely not. 

10. The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The prize must be taken as stated and no 
compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable 
or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any part 
of the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared 
null and void.

Would be interested to compare it to the t&cs of the co-op comp. As they were exhanged earlier in the thread. Thing I'm clinging to is "The prize must be taken as stated" does that mean you can state who is to be named on the ticket. Imagine a dad pays his 18 year olds mobile bill and they enter and its null because dad pays? 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's not something I've got any instant way of doing.

Also, there's lots of issues in trying to do that in a meaningful way. What exactly is "a regular"? Plus, while I know user profiles record a 'last visited' date/time, every entrant will have visited in the last week or so when they entered the competition.

Yeah I suspected as much especially with real names being used as opposed to usernames. I was just curious as to the numbers of new sign ups just for the competition. I’m really pleased it was won by one of our regular posters of the resale thread. 

34 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

SO HAPPY!

Wow congrats! Amazing 

42 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

SO HAPPY!

????‍♂️?‍♀️?‍♀️???

49 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

SO HAPPY!

Congratulations!!! I've been lurking in the background for the past few weeks as a new member of the forum (that's desperately been entering every competition going) but it's been amazing to see such a supportive community. Glad that a long-term member won this one. 

On the other hand, any hope I had of getting tickets this year is very quickly fading... 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Hi all.

SO HAPPY!

Congratulations!

Hi all.

SO HAPPY!

Congratulations mate, I’m chuffed for you. So good to see a fellow Resaler win!

Hi all.

SO HAPPY!

NO WAY! Well done @DareToDibble a 'worthy' winner (get it!) 

I'm so pleased it was a fellow Resale Club-er!

Have an absolute blast and a cider for me :D

Hi all.

SO HAPPY!

Well done mate! If you've a vacancy for a fellow Liverpool fan... :D