TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

1 hour ago, Levitz said:

So, I have an EE sim in my iPad and a monthly contract but it's data only not calls so, while I have an EE number it can't receive calls. So despite being an EE customer I can't enter!

The data only sims can receive voice calls no problem - I tried it this morning as I have separate voice and data sims in my phone.  You can enter using the data sim number, just remember to stick in a phone on the 3rd June to see if you're lucky.

17 minutes ago, Padgey said:

My mate had a call half an hour ago to say she had won Guardian tickets, she's getting an email sent to confirm where she has to name the second person. 

Oh! Well that’s that then :( 

Strange they called instead of texting. They don’t even have the number of people who registered via email.

Just now, brettredmayne said:

I have been checking my email non stop since this guardian thing was announced, think I can safely say I didn't get one

Well done to the winners though, some of you really went out the way to win this and deserve it

No one on here as won that we know of, just @Padgey's mate

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

I do find it curious I haven’t seen anyone posting about winning on twitter or the GlastoChat on Facebook. Granted the winners may not have social media but it still seems really quiet.

I'm clinging onto the same hope

2 minutes ago, Delli16 said:

I’m @Padgey friend who won tickets in the Guardian competition! To say I’m happy is an understatement! I was surprised they phoned too as they said they would email or send a text! The phone number started 02033

Congratulations. Glad someone's hard work in the comp paid off. 

5 minutes ago, mazola said:

It's ridiculous I know, but I'm genuinely shocked I didn't win the Guardian competition.

I was convinced that no one but us and maybe half a dozen others were bothering.

It's a shame, but it was reported in the news that a record breaking number of people tried in the sales for this year, so it's not surprising that, to me anyway, that record numbers of people (who include non efesters) will have tried via the Guardian, and all other comps. That said, it would have been nice to see more efest results from this comp. Maybe they'll be a few roll in later this evening, after work has finished etc.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Me too. I’m gonna sound like a right fool but I thought I had a good shot of it. How naive I was!

That's me with the national Lottery, that is. I keep paying for tickets, and nadda. I once left a shop with a lottery ticket in my hand, and bumped in to an old school acquaintance. His words were to me ' Oh, jolly good, I see that your fine education wasn't squandered, and that you are paying the Idiot Tax'!

40 minutes ago, mazola said:

It's ridiculous I know, but I'm genuinely shocked I didn't win the Guardian competition.

I was convinced that no one but us and maybe half a dozen others were bothering.

Couldn't agree more. Genuinely shocked that none of us seem to have won!

What's left? WaterAid and eFests, right?

27 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's me with the national Lottery, that is. I keep paying for tickets, and nadda. I once left a shop with a lottery ticket in my hand, and bumped in to an old school acquaintance. His words were to me ' Oh, jolly good, I see that your fine education wasn't squandered, and that you are paying the Idiot Tax'!

I know, silly isn’t it putting hope in these things that are really pure luck. Unless they are contacting the winners a few every day, there hasn’t been any noise online about it. 

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Wonderful, that was all I was holding out hope for that Guardian competition ? I did that damn thing every single day as well.

Have you been trying for Oxfam? I really think that is your best shout at getting in there now.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I know, silly isn’t it putting hope in these things that are really pure luck. Unless they are contacting the winners a few every day, there hasn’t been any noise online about it. 

Well, there's always hope. The thing is, you've, at least got to meet them half way, and put an entry in, because they ain't going to come knocking at your door, if you don't put an entry in. Here's hoping that they have yet to get to ringing you up. All the best.