TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

5 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Interesting, and someone successfully gave different names for the Co-op one? Even so, it would be possible for EE to be sticklers where the Co-op weren't... but I agree it allows some ambiguity! Reckon I'll enter it, what's the worst that can happen?

Yup that was me , Co-op were really good about it and two others are happy.  As Nobody interesting said the t&cs are pretty wooly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stu H said:

ha, small world mate! Awesome days, those. Sadly old and boring now! Hope all is well.

My decks had been put away for years, I dug them out specifically for that Social comp!

Yes awesome days indeed.

Same here - I swapped out Ibiza for festivals about 10 years ago as I can still just about handle them.  Ibiza would kill me off!

Will have a listen later.

17 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Yup that was me , Co-op were really good about it and two others are happy.  As Nobody interesting said the t&cs are pretty wooly. 

EE are very strict with the t&cs for the staff competition for Glasto tickets - but then they know exactly who the winners are.  When I worked there in the Orange era there was a competition for tickets for Reading (before it became the exclusive preserve of post A level teenagers). The people who won had no intention of going or of giving the tickets to someone who really wanted to go, and sold them. There was general disgust all round and t&cs were tightened after that. However as has been pointed out, they don't seem to stick to their own rules in comps open to the public.  Also a PAYG sim would have no customer name associated with it, so presumably you could enter in anyone's name?

13 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

With the Guardian one been a bit of a nightmare to enter, I wonder just how many people are in that draw.

Would have to be the really committed people

I have a feeling someone from on here is going to win it. Some really committed cats in this thread, I would have given up personally.

15 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

With the Guardian one been a bit of a nightmare to enter, I wonder just how many people are in that draw.

Would have to be the really committed people

I haven't received an SMS text that isn't the guardian  or checkpage in ages (always use whatsapp or FB messenger), and today ive had 5 from people all false alarms. Ive panicked everytime!

Edited by CP_8

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

So when do we think the Guardian winners will be contacted? 

I’ve been checking Twitter to see if anyone has mentioned it but can’t find anything which I guess is a good thing.

9. The winners will be selected by way of a random draw from all entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions. The draw will take place on or after 19 May 2019.

10. The winners will be notified by email or SMS on or after 20 May 2019 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to GNM within 14 days of being notified of their win, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and GNM shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms the winner’s prize will be forfeited and GNM shall be entitled to select another winner.

https://www.theguardian.com/info/2019/apr/16/glastonbury-readers-ticket-competition-2019-terms-and-conditions

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

So when do we think the Guardian winners will be contacted? 

I’ve been checking Twitter to see if anyone has mentioned it but can’t find anything which I guess is a good thing.

anytime between yesterday and 9th june according to the T&Cs and paypoint reciepts

1 minute ago, Levitz said:

I had a missed called from an outer London number this morning and you can't call it back, hoping it was a scamming cold caller rather than the Guardian comp!

from the T&Cs

10. The winners will be notified by email or SMS on or after 20 May 2019 and given details of how to claim their prize. 

1 minute ago, mazola said:

I'll be amazed if we don't get at least one Guardian winner from here.

Surely they haven't done the draw and told the winners but we don't know about it because it wasn't any of us.

Shssssh!

7 minutes ago, mazola said:

I'll be amazed if we don't get at least one Guardian winner from here.

Surely they haven't done the draw and told the winners but we don't know about it because it wasn't any of us.

oh no i hadn't thought of the possibility that nobody on efestivals won and we'd be kept in he dark! 

A quick search on twitter for "glasto won" "guardian glasto" "win glastonbury" etc. etc. has nothing coming up, so until i see somebody winning i'll have my fingers crossed

Just now, al_coholic said:

I keep getting calls from random numbers and I am answering them all because of these comps. Something that I would never normally do because they have all been spam so far 

I'm due a phone upgrade, I've told O2 and carphone warehouse 'I can't speak now'  multiple times but they keep calling back on different numbers

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

My mate had a call half an hour ago to say she had won Guardian tickets, she's getting an email sent to confirm where she has to name the second person. 

Gutted. congratulations to your friend though!