TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

5 minutes ago, c8lin said:

Just received this from EE, may be of interest to some of you! 

(I'm not sure if the link is specific to me though)

A very non-specific version of the link is here:

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/glastonbury/glastonbury-2019-competition

5 pairs of tickets, EE customers only. Closes 2nd June.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Ah crap. I’ve gotten some good tickets out of o2 Priority. Come back to haunt me now as I’m not on EE! 

Good luck to everyone that is ?

I am on EE and have entered, but as they are the biggest mobile company in the UK I think the odds of winning are very slim.

Just now, al_coholic said:

I am on EE and have entered, but as they are the biggest mobile company in the UK I think the odds of winning are very slim.

I dunno - you'd be surprised.

Mate of mine when working for Tennents had a comp that was 4 free tickets to a big footy match. They had less than 10 entries!

I've won the odd comp in the past. One for DJ Magazine, one for Shoot Magazine (as a teenager). Won quite a few free tickets to gigs or sporting events.

19 minutes ago, incident said:

A very non-specific version of the link is here:

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/glastonbury/glastonbury-2019-competition

5 pairs of tickets, EE customers only. Closes 2nd June.

Reading the T&C they are ambiguous - it says the winner and a guest but does not specifically say the winner has to be one of the 2 people. Do you think an EE customer could enter for someone else and give 2 names?

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Reading the T&C they are ambiguous - it says the winner and a guest but does not specifically say the winner has to be one of the 2 people. Do you think an EE customer could enter for someone else and give 2 names?

I am sure that would be fine. People have regularly have contracts in the name for other member of their families anyway.

Just checked Ts&Cs and the EE comp closes on the 2nd of June. On the 3rd, they pick the winners and phone them (they don't leave messages) and will do that 3 times. So basically you need an active phone.

It looks like you can pick up a sim card for mere pennies, so for anyone with a spare handset, this could be worth a punt.

25 minutes ago, Stu H said:

I've won the odd comp in the past. One for DJ Magazine, one for Shoot Magazine (as a teenager). Won quite a few free tickets to gigs or sporting events.

I noticed your username the other day and wondered if you were the same Stu H!  I met you in Ibiza once many years ago... with some of the old Ibiza Spotlight crew I think!

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I noticed your username the other day and wondered if you were the same Stu H!  I met you in Ibiza once many years ago... with some of the old Ibiza Spotlight crew I think!

ha, small world mate! Awesome days, those. Sadly old and boring now! Hope all is well.

My decks had been put away for years, I dug them out specifically for that Social comp!

59 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

really pissed off that efestivals wasn't allowed to have a 'customers only' clause. :( 

???this???

45 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It probably wouldn't matter to them. From memory they took a lot of flak last time when the first winner of the tickets wasn't 18 years old but didn't do anything about it.

41 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Mmm this is interesting, none of the 4 of us who want tickets are on EE, but me brother is, wonder if you can do it this way..

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

???this???

It probably wouldn't matter to them. From memory they took a lot of flak last time when the first winner of the tickets wasn't 18 years old but didn't do anything about it.

1 minute ago, Perks said:

Mmm this is interesting, none of the 4 of us who want tickets are on EE, but me brother is, wonder if you can do it this way..

The T&C seem very similar to the Coop one and one winner on here gave 2 other names.

I can't see them refusing and taking bad publicity - after all, if it was  a definate no then I am sure the T&C would say so.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Perks said:

Do you have an old phone? I suggest you all pop down to the supermarket and buy an EE sim card for a quid. Pop it in the phone and you are an EE customer no? Quadruples your chances.

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The T&C seem very similar to the Coop one and one winner on here gave 2 other names.

I can't see them refusing and taking bad publicity - after all, if it was  a definate no then I am sure the T&C would say so.

It says: 

The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any part of the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

really pissed off that efestivals wasn't allowed to have a 'customers only' clause. :( 

Guess its easier for EE to request this when they make the app, still think you should have been allowed to do it for gold members as really does not make any difference to the festival itself.

You also have the guardian requiring you to purchase the paper daily

15 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

It says: 

The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any part of the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.

Which is exactly what the Coop one said - it does not specifically say the entrant must be one of the ticket holders. The non transferable part is common text to pretty much every competition for anything - all hence why it is, to me and others, rather ambiguous.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Which is exactly what the Coop one said - it does not specifically say the entrant must be one of the ticket holders. The non transferable part is common text to pretty much every competition for anything - all hence why it is, to me and others, rather ambiguous.

Interesting, and someone successfully gave different names for the Co-op one? Even so, it would be possible for EE to be sticklers where the Co-op weren't... but I agree it allows some ambiguity! Reckon I'll enter it, what's the worst that can happen?