TICKET COMPETITIONS THREAD - IT BEGINS

cb4747

finally managed to get my 1st entry into the guardian competition today, none of the shops near me could get it to work, thankfully I've found one near my parents who successfully scanned the barcode, anyone know if you can enter more than once a day? might go back and buy another copy later

Took delivery of my Mallet prize yesterday- a t shirt. Its a shame the ticket draw is so late, though. Have a volunteer place now, so very happy about that. Guessing I won’t be able to accept those tickets when Mallets ring , so back in the pot for you lovely people here. 

1 hour ago, prestonmike said:

finally managed to get my 1st entry into the guardian competition today, none of the shops near me could get it to work, thankfully I've found one near my parents who successfully scanned the barcode, anyone know if you can enter more than once a day? might go back and buy another copy later

Once per person per day. If you got another barcode you could do that I guess. It works better if you print it (scanned successfully every time) vs have it on your phone (never scanned successfully). 

11 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Just won a Mallets festival pack - can anyone remember what’s in them? 

The festival essentials pack will contain: a bum bag, a Trilby hat, a T-shirt, a bottle opener, a solar bank charger, sunglasses, a torch, a poncho, temporary tattoos, an aluminium water bottle and a 4-pack of Mallets Original.

Copied from their website, I am waiting for one to be delivered as well

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s valid till the 19th May so should be fine. Today’s the last day. 

I thought that too, it says closes 23:59 on 19th May, not sure why my barcode isn't showing though. 

5 minutes ago, Padgey said:

I thought that too, it says closes 23:59 on 19th May, not sure why my barcode isn't showing though. 

just checked mine and can still get to it, but someone on the resale thread has said that theirs didnt work this morning when trying to buy the paper

On 5/15/2019 at 5:16 PM, eFestivals said:

looks like the winner can give any names with those T&Cs.

Just a little update. After a few emails to confirm. As Neil said we’ve been able to give the names of two others .Which is great we both have a friend that failed along all avenues main sale , locals ( they each live within catchment) and resale. 

we thought we’d have to have one in my partners name. ( although she has a ticket so it would of gone to waste ) so’d have to choose one of them to be lucky so this has worked out perfectly they are both absolutely buzzing 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Just a little update. After a few emails to confirm. As Neil said we’ve been able to give the names of two others .Which is great we both have a friend that failed along all avenues main sale , locals ( they each live within catchment) and resale. 

we thought we’d have to have one in my partners name. ( although she has a ticket so it would of gone to waste ) so’d have to choose one of them to be lucky so this has worked out perfectly they are both absolutely buzzing 

Wow ... don’t know how someone can be so unlucky and lucky in one go :) ... one hell of a rollercoaster that ... congrats :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Has anyone got the Guardian comp to work today? Just trying to work out whether to bother trying or not. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Mine didn't work either, insufficient funds on the voucher. Looks yesterday was the last day.

Just in case anyone doesn't see my post in the Resale Club thread - mine did  work today. No issues, it worked the same as every other day. Whether that means mine haven't actually been scanning all along or that maybe there is an issue with the systems at your local shops is anyones guess though...

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Did you get yours to work mate? Mine hasn’t worked today and has now disappeared. 

Try registering again.... https://imovo.org/templates/register/go/15/register.aspx?fbclid=IwAR094vcdEU2LD3fg9x4wYrtKNubziY9F-hEqRcrjS7okFFz5aTONr4QP280 Hope this works! :)

So my barcode on the link has changed to ‘the voucher has already been used’ I’ve done the comp everyday and just tried the printed voucher in Tesco’s (who were being arsey about it any way) and it didn’t work. My friend hasn’t been doing it everyday and his link still has the barcode. So maybe it had a certain number of uses and those who’ve been successful today missed a day?

Mate’s barcode worked, having been to about 4 shops whose pay point weren’t working. Have to say am glad to see the end to this rigamorole. I’ve learnt that paypoint is very sketchy, some people are really unhelpful but balanced with those who were really keen to help. There is no way this competition runs next year.